graphic cards for Asrock motherboard 939

Im thinking of buying a graphic card a sapphire hd 5770 1gb pc-e 2.0 for one of my pc's,
but im not sure if it will run on my motherboard it has only got pci-e 16x interface , and its over 4 years old (Asrock 939 dual-sata 2) and do need to change my power unit , my is 700 watts but its a cheap one
any help be greatful.
4 answers Last reply
More about graphic cards asrock motherboard
  1. It'll probably only run at half bandwidth.

But it really doesn't matter because your s939 cpu will never keep up with half a 5770.
  2. geekapproved said:
    It'll probably only run at half bandwidth.

But it really doesn't matter because your s939 cpu will never keep up with half a 5770.

thank for your help
    David jp
  3. It really depends on what processor you have installed on that motherboard. With my old ASRock 939Dual-SATAII board paired with an X2-4800+ CPU, I could run an 8800 GTS-640 without issue. You probably wouldn't want to go much higher than that (and certainly no higher with a lesser CPU).

-Wolf sends
  4. Wolfshadw said:
    It really depends on what processor you have installed on that motherboard. With my old ASRock 939Dual-SATAII board paired with an X2-4800+ CPU, I could run an 8800 GTS-640 without issue. You probably wouldn't want to go much higher than that (and certainly no higher with a lesser CPU).

-Wolf sends

yes i do have a 4800 cpu with that motherboard .thanks for your help
    David jp
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ASrock Motherboards Graphics