Asus P5G41T-M LX3 and Kingston Hyperx RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchardingiii

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Ok guys. I recently fried my mobo by forgetting the standoffs during what was supposed to be a simple case upgrade. I know, I know. It was my first time, and I messed up. I have since rebuilt my rig around my q6600 CPU by purchasing a compatible mobo (asus p5g41t-m lx3) and 8 gigs of new corsair DDR 3 ram to replace my ddr2 from before. The ram was open box from frys and when I started experiencing random freezes (in windows and bios) I returned the RAM for Kingston hyperx 1600.

I am still, however continuing to experience random lockups/freezes of my computer in windows and in the bios once where the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive while the video display is still on screen. I checked the qualified vendor list of ram for the mobo and the kingston hyperx ram isn't listed, however it does list Kingston KVR1066D3N7/4G. Could my ram and mobo simply be incompatible? Could the timings be off? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Jack

:sol:

Solution

Check the Kingston website to see if their ram is compatible with that motherboard. Kingston is more likely to have tested their ram than ASUS. If the Kingston site doesn't list it, then it is possible that the ram is incompatible. :cry:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.