Some noob questions about reformatting

Altephor

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I want to do a clean install of Windows 7 when I upgrade my vid card. But, I have noticed currently, my computer does not seem to recognize my USB keyboard when I am booting up. So now I am afraid I will erase windows and then get stuck because I can't pick my boot option during startup. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, if anyone could chime in on whether a GTX560 Ti would be bottlenecked by an i7 920 2.66 GHz processor, that'd be appreciated too.

U don't know how to get to the BIOS?
usbpowers.jpg

Altephor

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I do not, no. I am pretty new to the whole 'build it yourself' thing, so I'm sure there's lots of things I missed when setting up my current system.

Edit: Ok, actually I do know how. During startup. But, the problem is it won't recognize me IN startup! So, do I have to go out and buy a crappy PS/2 keyboard?

Altephor

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
My MB is a GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P 1366 X58 R

I don't have an old keyboard. I would have to go buy a cheap PS/2 keyboard and test it out.

And as for the OC question, I was not planning on OCing my processor. I wouldn't be opposed to doing so, but I have never tried anything with OCing and would be afraid to mess something up. Especially since I am using the stock heatsink that was sent with the processor.