Sign in with
Your question

Anyone Help me to build a GAMING PC.

Last response: in Systems
March 15, 2011 7:11:17 AM

HI Guys n Gals. Wish you everyone who read this post a very Good Day.
But, not for me, cause am dying in the absence of a suggetion in all day long.

My old PC is just a topper in sucking at Gaming, am going to dispose it off. So, after all my plan, next week am going to buy a GAMING PC at low budget...please help me!

I've planned these rig:-
Processor- AMP Athlon II X3 440 (3ghz, Triple Core)
RAM- 4GB DDR3
Monitor-1280*1024...

But am Fully CONFUSED whether to buy :
ATI Raedon 5670
OR
ATI Raedon 5750.

I'll be playing games like Crysis, GTA 4, COD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Shift 2 at High Settings at given resolution with FPS above 35.

If i go with the 5670 then what happens? I have planed in doing so cause of my low budget, but can it run those games at the given reslution above? Or it will be a bad dicission, and should i go with the 5750 only with spending some more amount of money. And, Guys please dont tell about 5770, cause its out of my range of budget.
Now, i am waiting for your openions.
Thank you for reading this post.

More about : build gaming

March 15, 2011 10:29:44 AM

You won't play Crysis or any DX11 game on high settings with a 5750 with FPS above 35. You can max out all other games though at the resolution. Don't bother getting a 5670. I would recommend getting a 6850 but you said a 5770 is out of your price range then I assume a 6850 is as well.
March 15, 2011 10:35:55 AM

Your CPU and memory setup is good. i would strongly recommend you increase the budget on the GPU.

Its something that most people overlook If your system has the latest hi tech CPU and a gimped integrated GPU the system will barely play games.

on the other hand if you have a low to mid range CPU and a mid range GPU the system will perform very well. Hence GPU is a big difference maker when it comes to games and should always have the bulk of the budget not the CPU.

I would strongly recommend you save up a bit and equip that system with a GPU like 6950 which costs 250usd and can be upgraded to 6970 via just a bios flash.

Or you could get a GTX 560 for 250USD

both of them are only 150usd more then the GPU you intend to buy however they will perform much better and in cause you decide to upgrade your monitor for 1080p game these will still serve very well hence i would think 150usd extra is a small amount but ensures alot of future upgradability.

I wouldnt really consider 5670 or 5750 for a gaming rig. If you intend to go with that sort of budget then i would recommend the GTX 460 1gb version instead, which only costs 50usd more but has alot more horsepower.

In the end the question is you are making a rig which will cost you 500-600usd easy, why gimp the whole setup by cutting corners on the most important part the GPU. I would think spending an extra 150usd and getting a 560 or 6950 is the best decision.
Related resources
March 15, 2011 10:49:42 AM

Why would he need a 6950 for 1280x1024 resolution...

A 6850 would suffice and at least its somewhat close to his budget. He specifically said he wanted a "low budget" gaming rig.

Also that CPU isn't anywhere near "the latest hi tech CPU". It's a mid-range CPU.
a b 4 Gaming
March 15, 2011 4:46:18 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
March 15, 2011 4:57:02 PM

rickytrux11 said:
HI Guys n Gals. Wish you everyone who read this post a very Good Day.
But, not for me, cause am dying in the absence of a suggetion in all day long.

My old PC is just a topper in sucking at Gaming, am going to dispose it off. So, after all my plan, next week am going to buy a GAMING PC at low budget...please help me!

I've planned these rig:-
Processor- AMP Athlon II X3 440 (3ghz, Triple Core)
RAM- 4GB DDR3
Monitor-1280*1024...

But am Fully CONFUSED whether to buy :
ATI Raedon 5670
OR
ATI Raedon 5750.

I'll be playing games like Crysis, GTA 4, COD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Shift 2 at High Settings at given resolution with FPS above 35.

If i go with the 5670 then what happens? I have planed in doing so cause of my low budget, but can it run those games at the given reslution above? Or it will be a bad dicission, and should i go with the 5750 only with spending some more amount of money. And, Guys please dont tell about 5770, cause its out of my range of budget.
Now, i am waiting for your openions.
Thank you for reading this post.

Lowest priced 5750 on Newegg is $110
Lowest priced 5770 on newegg is $120

And they are both $99 after rebate so.......You can say dont tell me about the 5770 but why would you not get a much better card for only $10 more. If the $10 is holding you back wait untill your next paycheck to build your computer lol.

Those prices I just quoted are the reason Toms no longer recomends people to consider the 5750 in the GPU guide. Why purchase a lower end card when after all the rebates and what not they cost the same?

And dont get the 5670 you will end up having to replace it to soon IMO. You could also give us a head start by letting us know what your total budget is so maybe we could help you pick the best possible combo for that amount of money know what I mean ;) 
!