Sign in with
Your question

HD 6850 problems !!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2011 8:59:45 PM

Hello,
What is happening with the HD6850? Many people reported the Black screen effect under win7 but is some owners who meeting problem under XP SP3 too.
This is driver problem VBios problem or the crrds is faulty? To avoid missunderstandings this is not just a couple of isolated reports.There is a lots of person who bought a HD 6850 card and now can not use it because is no any oficial response from vendors.Almost aevery vendor cards was reported.Gigabyte, Asus, Powercolor, Xfx,Saphire, etc.Unfortunatelly nothings help,no dririver change , no Bios Change , nothing....

More about : 6850 problems

January 10, 2011 9:18:29 PM

Could you please post a link when you have news of such big Importance!
(p.s. first I hear of it)
Related resources
January 10, 2011 10:47:30 PM

Hi rolli59,

Here is a couple of link in english but if you search "black screen" error HD 6850 you will find much more.There are many people who waiting for response and of course solving this problems.The fact is there are some rummors and different "methode " to solve this problem but unfortunatelly no official and in some case dangerous like flashing bios with other vendors bios, donwnclocked the Vram, lower the V ram amperage from 1600 mA to 1400, etc .Of course none of this is not oficial and if something going wrong the owner of card loosing the waranty....
January 10, 2011 10:51:25 PM

Strange that we have not heard any of this before considering the amount of people that have bought HD6850 cards based on recommendation from this forum. Then again there is bound to be a certain percentage of bad cards in every production line.
January 10, 2011 11:39:52 PM

Strokes my modded gtx 460, its a gigabyte btw. Like the Fermi line the newer ati cards are also known to have fairly hot power vrm phases and numerous other issues with some being minor however ati's share is more exotic. I suggest that you complain to customer support and get a RMA.
Anonymous
July 8, 2011 9:02:03 AM

i ,ve had same promlem with ati hd 6850 card keep getting blank screens the signal gfoing just order a new nvidea card and send ati one back luck i have funds to buy a new card and a spare pc
Anonymous
July 8, 2011 10:54:49 AM

i found that the fan on the card was only set at 20% so i,m put it up to 36%and so far so good
!