Possible Faulty PSU? (TT TR2 RX 850W)

Jsteves

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hello,

Before I begin let me just say that I'm pretty new to building pc's. That being said, I recently built 2 new gaming rigs with a friend. Both of us had the exact same specs which are as follows:

intel i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 B3 Intel P67 mobo
DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CORSAIR
EVGA Geforce 570gtx oc
500GB WD 7200rpm hd
1 DVD/DVD-RW+- drive
TT Armor A90 Case
H50 cpu cooler

and then the TT TR2 RX 850W power supply.

After being assembled, my friends pc runs great! he can start up and even oc with no issues. I, on the other hand, am having some problems. To start with, when I press the power button, the tower only will run for 5 seconds. Then it will shut off for another 5-10 seconds and finally turns back on again powering the tower, mouse, keyboard, and monitor. This sometimes only happens once other times it will cycle on and off 2-3 times before booting everything up. When I get to the boot screen, windows will begin to load as normal, but at some point during the boot screen my mouse and keyboard will power off for 1-2 seconds and my monitor will freeze for the same amount of time. Once this passes everything boots up great and runs fine...on stock settings. When I go to the bios and do something as simple as change the option on the mobo from normal to ASUS optimal, it will go through the entire process again (described above) and boot up. However, if my cpu goes to full load the pc will fail and restart. I've taken it apart and reconnected everything, changed to different sockets, checked to make sure my temperatures were good, looked for solutions online but have found nothing that works. To me, it seems like a faulty power supply and after reading some reviews on this unit that doesn't seem so far-fetched. Like I said, though, I'm fairly new to this so maybe I'm just missing the obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Gtx 570 need more power , yes you are right, your problem from psu raidmax 850 (bad psu) but I just know one of psu raidmax get pass from hardocp, the psu is Rx 1000AE : www.hardocp.com/article/2011/02/23/raidmax_rx1000ae_1000w_power_supply_review/

If you wan't get new psu just see review for good psu like corsair Hx850, anteq true power 850 quatro , seasonic silent pro gold 800w BUT according your bugdet.

irishparatrooper

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

I'm going to echo what others said, as this happened to me as well. Ordered a custom PC from CyberPower PC, and this is my second PSU issue with them. I specifically got a brand name PSU from their choices as I did not trust their in-house refurbished PSUs, but in this case the PSU I got was the TT TR2 RX 850W. Within 30 minutes of starting up the new computer, I too got the sudden power-down and after resetting that split second of power and then nothing. I replaced the PSU with a Corsair 850w I had in my old rig that I bought myself, and it solved the problem completely.

Goes to show I need to do a bit more research on PSUs, and probably not rely on custom builders.

So yeah, avoid the TT TR2 RX 850W like the plague.