Please help......

color98dove

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
ok so i took my tower to COMP USA and they tested my powersupply which was 1000 watts
it was dead, and i bought and replaced and installed it myself, to correct a No-signal from the moniter which i had been getting, but when i started it up, and it still displayed no signal i was at a loss, i had tested and re tested every componet except for the cpu and memory, now heres the intresting part, i took out one of my sli 1 gb ram sticks and restarted, and then i had a signal, a miracle....for me anyways, so i turned the system off and switched out the ram, and still had a signal upon reboot, then i figured id put them both back in, so now i know that the ram is ok, but when i put them both in i dont get a signal, but the machine i can here it booting and everythign is ok, i guess my question is is my memory bad or do u need a new atx board for a 775 sockett cpu?

color98dove

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
My system specs:

Anteck 9000 case

ASUS P5Q SE/R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
2 gb sli ddr2 ram by nividia pc2 6400
ATI Readon Hd 4870 card
a brand new power supply by
750 watt atx power supply by ultral profssional
also a brand new cpu fan as the other fell off on the way to
the comp usa store.....but with new fan installed no change to problem.

only ram changed issues, but i wanna know is a port bad on my MB or is my ram bad