HAF 922 question

zerrith

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Anybody have any issues with a HAF 922 case? I was reading some reviews on newegg and alot of people complained about the front I/O panel shorting and a few complained about case damage/warping. They were also quite adamant that CM customer service is awful. Any comments?

Somewhere back in 2008 there were some issues regarding the front panel ports. These issues have long been resolved.

I have the 932 case which I bought on Black Friday 2009 (I know you are referring to the 922), and it works great.

Because the case is large, the right side panel tends to 'twist' when disassembled. But when it is fastened to the case it works fine. Overall, I am very satisfied with the 932 and would recommend it. The 922 is its cousin and is also a good case.

Later, I did buy some 2.5" drive adapters from the CM store online. During follow-up, CM's customer service was polite but a little slow. No real complaints about CM customer service.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I can speak to part two - CM's customer service (in the US anyway).

I had issues with some R4 fans I owned. One had a burnt LED, and two others had (bearing?) issues that cut their speed significantly. Two days after submitting a ticket online, I was instructed to simply upload a picture of the fan with the burnt LED, along with a Screenshot of the fan's speeds in HWMonitor, Speedfan, Everest, or any other monitoring program of my choice. So, I did just that. A week later I received replacement fans. I didn't even have to send them the old ones, which which would have cost me $10 to ship. They paid for the shipping on the replacement ones, too.

I've also spoken with some of their "Live Support" agents, who all were competent and very capable, providing detailed answers to every question I've ever asked.

This is A1 customer service! I am glad to hear this because I am a fan of their products; cases especially.