Solved

$2500 Gaming Desktop Build

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the site, I've been around the forums a bit and it looks to be a very knowledgable and helpful place. I have a new build I've been looking into and I'm seeking opinions on whether it'd be compatible with itself and such. So, here it is!


Case ($150) - In Win Dragon Rider

CPU ($220) - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 Quad-Core

CPU Cooler ($30) - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Long Life Sleeve 120mm

GPU ($500) - 2x GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB, connected with SLI

PSU ($90) - Antec Truepower BLUE LED 750W SLI Certified

RAM ($80) - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

Hard Drive ($470) - Corsair 240 GB Force Series Ultra Fast TRIM Supported Solid State Drive

Motherboard ($170) - ASUS P8P67-M Pro

Optical Drive ($20) - LITE-ON Black SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Monitor ($400) - BEN Q XL2410T 23.6" LED Backlit Monitor

OS ($300) - Win7 64bit Professional

So this is the build I'm thinking, it's roughly $2500. Please let me know if I've missed anything or need to change certain areas, I really appreciate your input!

Thanks,
Haunted Eagle
46 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2500 gaming desktop build
  1. Check out my build guide in my siggy 1500$ is enough to make that build happen.

    And just by the by, SF2200 SSDs are releasing soon, I wouldn't suggest spending your money on an SSD now. As you can see, the new ones kill the old ones.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vertex-3-sandforce-ssd,2869.html

    As for PSU, 560 Ti only requires a 650 watt PSU. A 750w is good enough, that HX is overkill. I recommend the 750w XFX.
  2. OK, I'll definitely look into the newer SSD's.

    As for the PSU, would a 750W PSU be enough for two 560 Ti's connected by SLI as well as supporting the rest of the system?

    Thanks for your reply aznshinobi!

    Edit: Ah actually, one other question. Sorry to sound noobish, but would I need to purchase extra cooling options for the CPU/the rest of the desktop with the case I've chosen?
  3. 1. Yes 750w would be good enough for the whole system AND SLI 560 Ti.
    2. No you don't need to purchase after market cooling once you've chosen the parts.
  4. Haunted_Eagle said:
    OK, I'll definitely look into the newer SSD's.

    As for the PSU, would a 750W PSU be enough for two 560 Ti's connected by SLI as well as supporting the rest of the system?

    Thanks for your reply aznshinobi!

    Edit: Ah actually, one other question. Sorry to sound noobish, but would I need to purchase extra cooling options for the CPU/the rest of the desktop with the case I've chosen?

    A few questions... do you like LED's and if so... red or blue...and do you plan on over clocking. Also what site (s) do you prefer ? And would you like a gaming mouse, monitor, headset, keyboard and speakers included ?
  5. Thanks so much azn, I'll look into purchasing a good 750W PSU. :)

    LED's would be interesting, though I'm not sure how to go about obtaining them and such. Likely red if possible though, if I could manage to do so.

    As for overclocking, I'll be likely building this system myself and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, but if I can find information on how to do it, I'd like to use OC to improve my performance a tad.

    Sites that I prefer for purchase? Amazon, NewEgg, Tiger Direct, etc. The majority of the prices I've found on these components have been from NewEgg, though.

    I already have a mouse, keyboard, and speakers and the monitor is included in the price of the build I originally posted. :)
  6. Thanks azn, I changed the PSU in the original post to reflect your recommendation. As for the case, would you consider it to be substantially better than the In Win Dragon Rider? The price is somewhat higher, and as I understand the In Win comes with blue lighting which is fine by me. Love the style of both cases though. :)
  7. Haunted_Eagle said:
    Thanks azn, I changed the PSU in the original post to reflect your recommendation. As for the case, would you consider it to be substantially better than the In Win Dragon Rider? The price is somewhat higher, and as I understand the In Win comes with blue lighting which is fine by me. Love the style of both cases though. :)

    This case down below for "Red"...

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087 $159.99 FREE SHIPPING
    Antec DF-85 Black Computer Case

    And something like this down below for "blue"...

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.612646 Combo Discount: -$30.00 Combo Price: $478.98
    Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue Computer Modular Case
    Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
  8. The deal on the blue one looks quite good o.o I like the case as well, it seems to come with many cooling options. :)

    As far as the components go, are they compatible with each other?
  9. aznshinobi said:
    1. Yes 750w would be good enough for the whole system AND SLI 560 Ti.
    2. No you don't need to purchase after market cooling once you've chosen the parts.



    Would an 850W Antec TruePower Quattro run 2 6970's in crossfire? If so can I still OC the CPU?
  10. Haunted_Eagle said:
    The deal on the blue one looks quite good o.o I like the case as well, it seems to come with many cooling options. :)

    As far as the components go, are they compatible with each other?

    Everything I post is "compatible". :p

    On another note... I have to run to the store (maybe an hour tops), but when I come back I'm going to post you a build on around or under $2,000 that's going to rock your socks..so to say and it will include the #1 gaming monitor and mother board atm. :)
  11. Haha go for it, I'd certainly appreciate the input :) I'm sort of a noob when it comes to computers; having been a Mac user for so long I've lost touch with computer customization. :P
  12. We all have our favorite power supplies for a build like this, here's mine...

    650watts will work for any single GPU system. 850Watts will work for all but the highest end dual GPU systems.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011


    Really only one choice for the OS, but be Sure to get the 64 bit version... (Win7 64 bit OEM System Builders, $90)
  13. For the OS I'll definitely be doing Win7 64 bit Professional. :)
  14. Why_Me said:
    Everything I post is "compatible". :p

    On another note... I have to run to the store (maybe an hour tops), but when I come back I'm going to post you a build on around or under $2,000 that's going to rock your socks..so to say and it will include the #1 gaming monitor and mother board atm. :)



    I will also be awaiting this with bated breath. I am putting together a build for around 1500 :D
  15. Just to add another question to the thread, how would I go about OverClocking the CPU and GPU's (SLI)?
  16. CPU- By tweaking your multiplier in bios, upping the FSB, Voltage. All in BIOS. Also may need to tweak your NB Volts a bit too.

    Gor the GPUs, I use EVGA Precision. You first up the Clock speed ~20 points at a time, run a 3d game, if all is good, up it again. Test, bump, test, bump until your card starts to hang, crash, or act funny. Back it down a few to where it is stable. Then do the same for your memory speed. You can leave sharers linked to your clock speed. Monitor your temps and make sure they stay safe. You can use the prog to change your GPU fan speed too. After you hit your wall, depending on the video card, you can tweak your GPU volts a bit and go a little faster to see if that will stabilize it.

    There are great guides out there, just google it. Make sure you understand what you are doing before you do it.

    Also, this is a very general general guide. There is a bit more to it, but that is the gist.
  17. Sounds great, thanks a lot! I'll definitely look into it. :)
  18. It's not too hard. I just got into over clocking. It's fun :D
  19. Haha I bet, as I mentioned earlier I'm a Mac user and thus don't do anything with Overclocking nor selecting my own parts for a computer, let alone building it myself. This'll certainly be an adventure for me, I just hope I don't screw it up! :P
  20. Just take baby steps. Find out what safe temps are for your CPU and dont go ever them. Same with voltage. I believe you CAN over volt, but you need some serious cooling.
  21. Oh, building the PC is really simple. There are plenty of guides out there if you get stuck. Just don't force anything :P
  22. Awesome, sounds great! I figure it'd be more fun and rewarding to build your own computer, although it probably doesn't involve a comprehensive warranty :/
  23. OK I'm not going to lie to you...this would not be a build I would recommend. This build down below is what is called a E-pen0r build and it's what peeps buy when they want to over clock to the moon and back. That mobo down below hold the record over clock (5.7Ghz) for these Sandy Bridge cpu's, not to mention it runs dual cards at 16x & 16x and tri cards @ 8x. That Zalman blue LED cpu heat sink in this build is on "Frosty Techs" top ten list. The psu in this build is over kill...but it leaves you headroom if you ever decide to size up in a few years with different vid cards that require more power.

    Like I say, I can do a very nice build and cut off close to $500 off this build and you would still get great performance. This build was for show and tell... :)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207001 $149.99 - $129.99 after mail-in rebate
    XFX Black Edition XPS-850W-BES 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.612646 Combo Discount: -$30.00 Combo Price: $478.98
    Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue Computer Modular Case
    Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118074 $79.99 - $69.99 after mail-in rebate FREE SHIPPING
    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler Blue LED

    http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-P67UD7&title=GIGABYTE-GA-P67A-UD7-Socket-1155-Intel-P67-DDR3-3-Way-CrossFireX-SLI-SATA3-USB3-0-A-2GbE-ATX-Motherboard $311.99
    GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7 Socket 1155/ Intel P67/ DDR3/ 3-Way CrossFireX & SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&2GbE/ ATX Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445 $129.99 FREE SHIPPING $30 off w/ promo code EMCKGJE72, ends 3/21
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204 $17.99 Free shipping w/ promo code EMCKGJE65, ends 3/21
    ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363 $244.99
    GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363 $244.99
    GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.591383 Combo Discount: -$10.00 Combo Price: $259.98 FREE SHIPPING
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    http://www.frys.com/product/6417522 $399.99
    BEN Q XL2410T 23.6" LED Backlit Monitor (NVIDIA 3D Ready)

    Total: $2,448.87 *not including shipping, promo codes, rebates, etc...

    http://www.benq.us/products/product_detail.cfm?product=1775&pltag=50&ptag=104 <--- more info on that monitor

    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2410t.htm <--- in depth and detailed review of that monitor
  24. So with this build you posted, you'd recommend it to not be a full build to choose, but more of something to consider? It looks pretty nice from what I can tell with my very limited knowledge... o.O
  25. Niiiice. You can get an AMD Quad and a HAF 932 for half the price of that CPU+Case. Also, You can get An MSI or Asus 16x/16x board for 100 bucks less. All to save a bunch of money.

    Also, for my money, I would go with 2 6950's 2GB and unlock them to 6970's. Little bit more for that pair, but they preform similar if not better than 2x 580's

    That monitor though.....
  26. Haunted_Eagle said:
    So with this build you posted, you'd recommend it to not be a full build to choose, but more of something to consider? It looks pretty nice from what I can tell with my very limited knowledge... o.O

    I'l post another build on here that will hit under $2,000 and still include that monitor. That build up above is for peeps who are extreme over clockers. It's not a build I would recommend. It's nice...but it's not $2,500 nice...and here's why imo.

    First off with the cpu I would go with a 2500K in regards to a gaming build for the fact the new 22nm Intel Ivy Bridge cpu's come out in less than a year and they are rumored to over clock at or over 6.0Ghz. With a simple bios flash these 1155 P67 boards will run that chip. So there's your upgrade path as far as a new cpu goes...that and the 2600K is worthless for a gaming cpu imo. 2500K is more than fine. So there's $100+ dollars knocked off that build right there.

    Then the RAM. 1600hz is more than fine, and it combo's with the gtx 560. The mobo... Asrock extreme4 for $154, the psu... a solid Antec True with blue LED can be had for $100 and free shipping at amazon, etc... I'l post another build on here in just a few min.

    But that BenQ monitor...that's the one for gaming. It's not only a 120mhz monitor, it's LED and it has a response time of 2ms. It does everything for you but shine your shoes. :)
  27. Yeah, that is a sexy display.
  28. FoldingZebra said:
    Niiiice. You can get an AMD Quad and a HAF 932 for half the price of that CPU+Case. Also, You can get An MSI or Asus 16x/16x board for 100 bucks less. All to save a bunch of money.

    Also, for my money, I would go with 2 6950's 2GB and unlock them to 6970's. Little bit more for that pair, but they preform similar if not better than 2x 580's

    That monitor though.....

    No offense...but anyone that recommends an AMD build to someone with a budget of $1,200+ should not be giving advice on this board. :) And if you have to ask why that is...... ya.
  29. Here is the build I am gonna do:
    MSI MoB - 144.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130565

    DVDRW - 17.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

    Tower - 139.99 (Full Tower because I plan on water cooling after I build it)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

    HDD 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136770

    Graphics Card - 289.99 (Can unclock to 6970) x2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518

    PSU - 169.99 (1000W to power crossfire + water cooling)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049

    Memory 8GB (2x4GB) 81.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049

    CPU (Black Edition for OC) 139.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808

    Total Price: $1,454.96 after tax and shipping. (not counting rebates)

    How is that?
  30. Why_Me said:
    No offense...but anyone that recommends an AMD build to someone with a budget of $1,200+ should not be giving advice on this board. :) And if you have to ask why that is...... ya.



    What? Why? I'm lost :(
  31. FoldingZebra said:
    Here is the build I am gonna do:
    MSI MoB - 144.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130565

    DVDRW - 17.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

    Tower - 139.99 (Full Tower because I plan on water cooling after I build it)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

    HDD 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136770

    Graphics Card - 289.99 (Can unclock to 6970) x2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518

    PSU - 169.99 (1000W to power crossfire + water cooling)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049

    Memory 8GB (2x4GB) 81.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049

    CPU (Black Edition for OC) 139.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808

    Total Price: $1,454.96 after tax and shipping. (not counting rebates)

    How is that?


    Please explain these benchmarks down below....seeing how your recommending that build to the OP.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/88?vs=288 <--- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition vs Intel Sandy Bridge 2500K

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/88?vs=287 <--- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition vs Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu-core-i3-2100-phenom-ii-x6-1075t,2859.html <--- Here's an Intel dual core mopping the floor with that AMD

    Every site says the same...
  32. But isn't the benchmarks higher on the Intel because of the bigger L3 Cache? the L3 cache comes into play with high computing things.... not games so much... am I wrong?


    Maybe I need to look at i5's :P
  33. Haunted_Eagle said:


    That Acer is just some crap happy LCD monitor... :p The BenQ is LED, not to mention it has that Acer beat seven ways to Sunday. Take a look at those two links I posted on the bottom of that build in regards to the BenQ. :)
  34. I did, the actual review seemed somewhat negative. It does indeed look like it accomplishes what I'm going for though :)


    To everyone: If I replace the monitor with the BenQ and the SSD with what was recommended by aznshinobi, is the build I have set up in the original post a strong, compatible gaming build?
  35. Best answer
    Haunted_Eagle said:
    I did, the actual review seemed somewhat negative. It does indeed look like it accomplishes what I'm going for though :)


    To everyone: If I replace the monitor with the BenQ and the SSD with what was recommended by aznshinobi, is the build I have set up in the original post a strong, compatible gaming build?

    It will work, but I'm not so hot on that RAM. G.Skill ftw. :) Here's a build down below worth taking a look at. You can switch out that 2500K with the 2600K and it still combo's with that same cpu heat sink. Also just add the SSD of your choice to this build.

    This build includes Windows 7, after market h/s (thermal paste included), dual factory over clocked gtx 560's in SLI, modular blue LED psu, 8gigs of low voltage RAM, etc...


    That Asrock mother board down below will be on newegg within the next two weeks for the same price as listed down below.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ALI5KC/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER $109.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Antec Mid-Tower Gaming Case Nine Hundred Two V3

    http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Truepower-TP-750-BLUE-Management/dp/B001RTPMM4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1300244613&sr=1-1 $89.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Antec Truepower 23754 TP-750 BLUE LED 750-Watt PSU NVIDIA SLI Certified 80 Plus Bronze Advanced Hybrid Cable Management Power Supply

    http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-P67-EX4&title=ASRock-P67-Extreme4-LGA1155-Intel-P67-DDR3-Quad-SLI-Quad-CrossFireX-SATA3-USB3-0-A-GbE-ATX-Motherboard $153.99
    ASRock P67 Extreme4 LGA1155/ Intel P67/ DDR3/ Quad SLI & Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard - P67 EXTREME4

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.618217 Combo Discount: -$8.00 Combo Price: $241.98
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ...

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.604446 Combo Discount: -$15.00 Combo Price: $329.98
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363 $244.99
    GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289 $17.99 FREE SHIPPING
    LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.591429 Combo Discount: -$5.00 Combo Price: $149.98 FREE SHIPPING
    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

    Total: $1,422.88 *not including rebates, shipping, etc...

    http://www.asrock.com/news/events/201102ex/warranty.html <----- Look for the B3 Stepping Chipset Logo/Sticker on the new boards

    http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1000116#axzz1EqpvWFEN <---Review on that Asrock motherboard after the latest bios update

    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1098/pg2/asrock-extreme4-p67-and-fatal1ty-professional-p67-vs-x58-with-core-i7-950-review-asrock-p67-extreme4.html <---Review on that Asrock motherboard after the latest bios update

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4080/welcome-to-sandy-bridge-with-the-asrock-p67-extreme4 <--- Review before the latest bios...and it still smoked the Asus and Gigabyte boards :)

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extreme4 <----- ASRock P67 Extreme4 Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129097 <---more pics, and reviews of that Antec 902 v3 used in this build
  36. I'm trying to figure out why this build here is $1000 less than the original post build, it seems roughly similar... I think I'd actually prefer an i5 sandy bridge to an i7 sandy bridge because apparently it's equal or better for gaming at $100 cheaper.
  37. Haunted_Eagle said:
    I'm trying to figure out why this build here is $1000 less than the original post build, it seems roughly similar... I think I'd actually prefer an i5 sandy bridge to an i7 sandy bridge because apparently it's equal or better for gaming at $100 cheaper.

    You just said it !!! :) If only more peeps on here saw what you see. I'm dead serious on that remark.

    The i5 actually does better in regards to gaming than the i7, it's cheaper, and that Gigabyte board I posted is complete over kill unless your going for a record o/c yet you will see peeps on this board with a $1,500 budget buying a $300+ mobo and screwing themselves on the vid cards, amongst other components.
  38. Gotcha. I'm not planning to do huge overclocking due to the fact that I'm not experienced at all in this, though I want to get the most out of my hardware. With the build you placed here is there anything you'd change within a $2500 budget that'd get the most performance out of the budget?
  39. Haunted_Eagle said:
    Gotcha. I'm not planning to do huge overclocking due to the fact that I'm not experienced at all in this, though I want to get the most out of my hardware. With the build you placed here is there anything you'd change within a $2500 budget that'd get the most performance out of the budget?

    Nope for the fact your going to go over the $2,000 mark when you add the monitor and SSD to that build. That build though is going to give you a crap load of FPS in games, and that's what it's all about. :)
  40. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209011 <--- Here's a blue LED fan for the side of that case I posted. The link I posted to newegg on that case shows where you can add another two 120mm fans to that case.
  41. Hell yes. :P Sounds great, I'll mix and match a bit between the two builds a bit to find something that really works for me :) It seems as though a full tower might be a bit better than a half tower as far as cooling/ease of construction/expandability goes so I'll look into all of this, thanks a lot! :)
  42. Haunted_Eagle said:
    Hell yes. :P Sounds great, I'll mix and match a bit between the two builds a bit to find something that really works for me :) It seems as though a full tower might be a bit better than a half tower as far as cooling/ease of construction/expandability goes so I'll look into all of this, thanks a lot! :)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.612643 Combo Discount: -$28.00 Combo Price: $371.98
    Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue Computer Modular Case
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129100 <--- full tower blue LED ...cheaper @ amazon though with the free shipping.
  43. Gotcha, thanks so much! :)
  44. Best answer selected by Haunted_Eagle.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product