Intel DH67BL onboard audio

bes-b2

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
So, I just installed the new mobo, an i5 processor, some new DDR3 ram into a new case, carryign over my old nvidia 460GTX, PSU, optical drive and HDD. I went ahead and wiped the HDD and installed a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Got everything up and running last night, installed all the drivers from Intel driver disk. Didn't think to check sound as it installed the Realtek HD audio driver and all seemed well.

Powered it up today, no sound. Here's the tricky bit. I can plug in both the front and rear panels and it recognizes when things are plugged in and asks if I want to select headphones when I plug them in. However, from there, there is ZERO audio. No output to headset, input from my microphone, but it sees them just fine. Also, I have a a 32" HD TV hooked up via a HDMI-DVI connector (DVI side is connected via GPU in PC) and I can get sound off of that.

Nothing is set to be muted, within microsoft or (what very little options you have) in the Realtek software. Yes, RealtekHD audio speakers is set to default for output. My HD TV shows up on the list, but I have it disabled. If I don't have it disabled and still not set as default it will still play sounds.

So..what's going on here? I'm at about my end of all this and very tempted just to go buy a sound card.

Thanks all

bes-b2

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I would also like to add - I installed the drivers from the Intel disc which was an older version. Uninstalled and updated to the newest version 3 times now.

bes-b2

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

I did, they went over the same stuff as listed on the website. Suggested an OS reinstall then to contact the place of sale for a new mobo.