lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, been trying to figure out what and where to buy a psu for my new built pc... Specs:::::

Gigabyte ga-g41mt-es2l
4gb ddr3 ram kingstin 1333mhz
Pentium dual core 2.6ghz but tihnking of overclocking after browsing the overclock subforum

No graphics card at moment but plan on low budget for med quality fifa, cod games

Im on low budget so all i found is this
http://mobile.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=98736

Never thought psus were this expensive :(
thanks

D

Deleted member 362816

People dont move to america to be free they move here because computer parts are cheaper. lol!

D

Deleted member 362816

Stick with, and i hate saying these brand but the UK sucks- antec,corsair,xfx,pc power and cooling, seasonic,thermaltake,coolmax. Yeah i know some of these brands suck but there better then the other trash

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
go with this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-corsair-cmpsu-500cxuk-builder-series-80-eff-120mm-fan-single-rail-atx

trust me this is cheap for such a branded psu and great quality too.
you do not want to buy bad quality psu's this will end in disaster to your pc else.
Thanks! Think theres a scan warehouse few miles from me if thas the same... Although i was gonna take a look on ebay for cheaper... Any other brands which i should loook at and brands which i should miss?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 362816

only go for:
CORSAIR/ ANTEC/ ENERMAX/ XFX/ OCZ/ SILVERSTONE

Lets start a rage war, there are good kingwin psu,thermaltake, and lol you didnt say pc power and cooling thats funny, read up on johnnyguru your out of touch

edit- there are like 3 good antec psu's out of so many bad ones.

D

Deleted member 362816

thing is those makes are not as common as the brands i recommended in uk.
and tbh there is alot of makes, i am not out of touch i just provide the knowledge i have and to my very best ability.
but thanks for the concern :)

Not having correct knowledge about a products compare to that of a site like johnnyguru is just providing false information.-thanks for the concern.

D

Deleted member 362816

i dont know of a site known as johnnyguru.
and i am answering someones question who is in the uk.
as i said its easier to get the brands i stated above here.
please dont make this an argument.
as u said lets start a rage war...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews

very sought after power supply review site. they go much more into depth about them then most other sites. Just though I would let you know check it out.

D

Deleted member 362816

thankyou for the info cia24.
but
do not bash my intelligence i go off experience more than paper.

Sure whatever you say captain.

I dont know about "pleas" but I will not bash your intelligence.

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
To be honest im very grateful for your info... Been searching all day for one... Never knew what brands were good and what were rubbish and i were looking at cheap under £30 ( never thought how critical the psu is... I always overlooked it )

D

Deleted member 362816

yes a bad psu is the issue to many pc's been unstable and performing under its rated spec.
however the ocz line of psu's are good quality and for the price you found it for its quite a good deal.

OCZ power supplies are a budget brand some are good some are bad but most are in the middle. Since you dont have a major gpu like a gtx 570 or 580 it doesn't really matter though.

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks, its a low budget cpu from what i can see but i just wnt a simple desktop as reasonable spec and speed for programming work and ligh gaming ( call of duty series med quality, fifa 09 etc ) but as long as the psu dont fry the components :)

lukey2k10

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
call of duty and fifa are hardly intensive games to run on any system.
you will be fine with your chosen psu.
if you are unsure you can always look at other brands that me and cia24 have posted for you :)
Thanks, all i needed to know, shame intel integrated graphics are useless !!