Sign in with
Your question

Display through HDMI interface not working properly from ATI Radeon-5570 to Sams

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2011 6:42:37 AM

Hello,
Display from my ATI Radeon -5570(Win 7) All updated Drivers for Samsung P2370ms ..the Display is fine from DVI-VGA but through HDMI works while boot but then into Win 7 it Blanks...monotor displays searching Signal and then No Signal...but display comes when resolution Changed to 1280X720 all other resolution it is Blank...Can you please Help
January 11, 2011 8:49:21 AM

Your Samsung monitor may not accept the resolution output from your gfx card through HDMI. The resolution may be too high for Samsung TV to display.

While Windows boots, the resolution is low. When Windows has fully booted, Radeon drivers set the resolution to the preset value ( this preset value is the one you yourself set for output ) and the video disappears, leaving a blank screen.

When you use the anolog signal from VGA, the resolution is rescaled to the native resolution of your Samsung while being converted from analog to digital.

Therefore, you should check the Samsung TV manual to see what resolutions it accepts from HDMI and from VGA.

To give another example: I have an LCD TV set that accepts up to 1080i or 720p signal. Therefore, if I cannect a bluray player and set the player to output 1080p, I get a blank screen on the TV. I have another TV set that accepts up to 1920x1080/24p. Therefore, this TV can accept any signal fed to it.
m
l
January 11, 2011 10:13:55 AM

Hi Suat
Thanks for your advice...I checked to find 1)This Monitor accepts(input Signal -Analog RGB, DVI, HDMI, Component ) not sure about Digital?Also Says - 2) HDMI (V1.3), Supporting 1,080P Input -Which means it Supports 1080p and Anolog.
Should I change Settings to Analog rather than Digital in ATI ? Hope this Fixes..
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2011 10:59:04 AM

HDMI is digital. DVI can be both digital and analog depending on pin construction.

If your TV accepts 1920x1080p, then the problem should be elsewhere. Maybe your TV set does not output its EDID clearly.

I suggest you should remain in the digital domain and try to use a cable, one end of which is DVI and the other end HDMI.

Switching to analog is not recommended as the video generated in the gfx card is digital. If you choose analog, the digital video in the gfx card will be converted to analog before leaving the gfx card. The LCD/LED/Plasma monitor/TV set is digital. Therefore, analog signal will be reconverted to digital before it is displayed on the TV set. Too many conversions degrade video quality as well as consume energy.

Please note, if you use DVI-HDMI converter cable, this cable has no sound component. You have to transmit sound from your PC to TV set with a different cable.

Hope this helps.

m
l
January 11, 2011 11:31:32 AM

Thanks Once Again Suat!!!...This Advice is defenitely helpfull...I have already connected my system(output DVI-VGA -COnvertor to Samsung VGA in and duplicated the Display on Two monitors and made HDMI HDTV also active from my ATI Catalyst while VGA is Good and also Displays 1980X1080 Good but not on HDMI is what worries me. but when 1280X720 it accepts but here HDMI is horrible Glazy around edges. I will try to play with the settings on the Samsung Monitor and see if that matches

But One more question
"Would veiwing from HDMI be better than viewing it on VGA at high Resolution (1980X1080 60Hz) ..I am not worried about sound as I take them directly from the system.

Thanks for your Advice once Again.
m
l
January 11, 2011 11:44:41 AM

HDMI, being digital in nature, is better than VGA at the TV resolution level because what is generated in the computer's gfx card is displayed on the monitor. No conversion/rescaling done.

If you cannot get a clear video/picture with HDMI, then there should be something wrong. I would first buy a better brand HDMI cable and test again.

What I do not like about HDMI is that it is not a positive/tight fit. I like DVI. It has two locking screws.

If you do not get a clear picture with HDMI, its cable shielding may be defective picking up external interference.
m
l
!