Closed

Seeking a LGA 1155 Gen3 mobo that will go with a black\red theme

Hey guys!
I'm building a rig over the span of 2-3 months (last part I will buy will be a Kepler GPU). I bought the CM Storm Trooper case and RAM combo that follow a red/black theme. Normally I don't care about color but I want to try this time. I need help looking for a mobo that follows the black/red theme, great OC ability, and Gen3. I was thinking sub-$200 but I only have 2 options:

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

I did see some black/red mobo's at the 250 range, but are they worth the extra dough?

Let me know what you guys think! I really appreciate your help and time!
7 answers Last reply
More about seeking 1155 gen3 mobo black theme
  1. Are you ganna show off(Letting people and yourself see it every day) or are you just ganna put it there and look at screen 24/7?
    The Asus Maximus is the one that i'd get...
  2. Mostly for headshots and micro/macro...but I do like to it off to the other nerd co-workers (I work in the technology dept at the Subway World HQ)..heck even have a facebook album that would make my gf jealous lol.
    I was thinkin the same thing...only thing is the micro-ATX form factor seems limiting. I wanted to add a Xonar sound card for the audiophile in me and putting that board in such a huge case makes it look funny.

I SOUND LIKE A GIRL lol...jeebus. I just want to make this thing look like it's mating.

Whats your opinion on this card:
    ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3
  3. buy the gigabyte and red memory.

but buy it from here if you want to save some cash

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=61002&vpn=GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1315
  4. Good eye, Brandon! Now question is...should I save the $100 and go with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3...or go bawls to the wall with ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL Fatal1ty GEN3...
  5. Haven't opened the box for the Storm Trooper. It's sitting on the floor right next to me lol. I love how it looks tho...the ssd slot, handle, the bagel toaster...i mean it's pretty qqqweet.
  6. Best answer selected by jcoquito.
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product