Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Seeking a LGA 1155 Gen3 mobo that will go with a black\red theme

Last response: in Motherboards
February 16, 2012 11:39:31 PM

Hey guys!
I'm building a rig over the span of 2-3 months (last part I will buy will be a Kepler GPU). I bought the CM Storm Trooper case and RAM combo that follow a red/black theme. Normally I don't care about color but I want to try this time. I need help looking for a mobo that follows the black/red theme, great OC ability, and Gen3. I was thinking sub-$200 but I only have 2 options:

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

I did see some black/red mobo's at the 250 range, but are they worth the extra dough?

Let me know what you guys think! I really appreciate your help and time!
a b V Motherboard
February 16, 2012 11:49:41 PM

Are you ganna show off(Letting people and yourself see it every day) or are you just ganna put it there and look at screen 24/7?
The Asus Maximus is the one that i'd get...
Score
February 17, 2012 12:21:25 AM

Mostly for headshots and micro/macro...but I do like to it off to the other nerd co-workers (I work in the technology dept at the Subway World HQ)..heck even have a facebook album that would make my gf jealous lol.
I was thinkin the same thing...only thing is the micro-ATX form factor seems limiting. I wanted to add a Xonar sound card for the audiophile in me and putting that board in such a huge case makes it look funny.

I SOUND LIKE A GIRL lol...jeebus. I just want to make this thing look like it's mating.

Whats your opinion on this card:
ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3
Score
February 17, 2012 12:39:28 AM

Haven't opened the box for the Storm Trooper. It's sitting on the floor right next to me lol. I love how it looks tho...the ssd slot, handle, the bagel toaster...i mean it's pretty qqqweet.
Score
February 27, 2012 7:42:01 PM

Best answer selected by jcoquito.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 27, 2012 8:10:35 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!