Something beyond AMD 9-Series or AM4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurkfur

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Just wanted to check with you guys in case I missed something. Had a machine throw up a AM3 board that contained a Phenom 1100t. I have verified that everything other than the board survived. This machine does not have to be rebuilt immediately. That being said, I didn't want to go out and buy a new AM3+ board when a backwards compatible AM4 might drop a month later.

Have you guys heard of anything coming through the pipeline? Anything replacing the 990 chipset or any other socket?

Thanks!

Solution
AM3+ is likely to remain AMD's premiere desktop socket for the rest of the year or thereabouts. I haven't seen anything related to a new socket for Piledriver or beyond.

As for chipsets, the 1090FX has been announced but I can't find anything on a shipping date. I would expect it to release sometime just before Piledriver.

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
AM3+ is likely to remain AMD's premiere desktop socket for the rest of the year or thereabouts. I haven't seen anything related to a new socket for Piledriver or beyond.

As for chipsets, the 1090FX has been announced but I can't find anything on a shipping date. I would expect it to release sometime just before Piledriver.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.