zeruin

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
So.. got a quick question concerning Low impedance headphones. I just picked up a Sennheiser PC 360 headset and plan on pairing it with an Asus Xonar DX, but it appears the Xonar DX doesn't have a headphone amp.

If I'm not mistaken, higher Ohm ratings require more power for the speakers to produce quality sound and higher/lower levels. So am I correct to assume that a lower impedance headset, 50 Ohms, would require less power to sound good? I'm not a true audiophile, and rarely listen to music or watch movies on my computer outside of youtube and anime, but mostly play games while on voice chat.

I'm trying to determine how much of difference a sound card with a headphone amp will make vs a non-amped sound card while using a low Ohm headset.

Integrated sound should be able to push enough power to run 50 ohms. If not, you'll just have to deal with a weak headset for a couple of days while you get a sound card.
Do you need that DX? Without a surround setup or anything, just get a DG. It has a headphone amp.