Which one is faster CPU?

dadpad88

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello, I am little bit confuse to choose best gaming CPU for me?
I choose i3-2100 CPU and i3-540 CPU and i3-550 CPU.
i3-2100 have QPI = 5GT/s while i3-540 CPU and i3-550 CPU have QPI 2.5GT/s.
This is a huge difference of their QPIs
Please any hardware expert explain me some technical details that which CPU is more faster about gaming point of view?
Thank you very much!

Cerealkiller45_86

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Speed has more factor than just your CPU; how is your HD setup? u using raid or SSD? The selected CPU u listed have little or no significant ability to overclock..200-300GHz at most. Do you have a budget for your CPU pricing?

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Hi dadpad88!
The QPI is a point to point data transfer.In other words rather than having a FSB which is a shared bus system all traffic is sent across a single shared bi-directional bus.

Each processing unit will have their own dedicated memory that it accesses directly through an integrated memory controllers.

QPI is often more than not a solution for bottlenecking.The cpu would have direct access to other processing units dedicated memory, it uses QPI to do this.
With 5gt/s you are looking at 25gb of data sent a second.

intelatifan

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Just go for SNB Based Core I3 2100 u will gt return for every penny spent on it. Just amazing. I am using it for last 3 of 4 months. It works flawless. and is quite good when it comes to gaming, data trf and many more tasks. Remember Sandy bridge is the future of economical but high end computing.. ;)