Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Cases
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 16, 2011 8:48:28 AM

Hello,
I have a dp55kg motherboard. I have a Tempest EVO case. The front of the case has a esata. Where do I run the hook up from the esata to my motherboard. Do I just put it in any sata connector on the board? Accordinjg to intel I can not do that.

Any info you can provide me would be great. if you need more info to help me please let me know.

Thanks

More about : hook esata front case

a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2011 2:24:58 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, just connect it to any unused SATA port on the motherboard.
Make sure you have your SATA controller set to ACHI in the BIOS to enable hot swapping in Windows.
m
l
March 16, 2011 4:49:24 PM

Hello,
Thanks for the info. Now I got a message from another web forum and they said I could not..I am very confused. :o 

Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2011 6:53:32 PM

No worries, it will work.

An eSATA connector is simply a pass through SATA connector with a bit more durability built in.
In function, it performs exactly the same as an internal SATA port.
By enabling ACHI mode in your BIOS you will be able to mount and dismount externally connected hard drives in Windows.

Besides, where else are you going to connect that SATA cable coming from the front pannel ;) 
m
l
March 16, 2011 8:55:21 PM

Ok thank you. Thank you very much for the help.

LAter
m
l
March 23, 2011 8:46:05 AM

Hello,
I spoke with Intel and they told me not to hook it up that way. Says the voltage is off and could burn out what i have hooked up...So now what?

Thanks
m
l
!