Sign in with
Your question

MIDI device not reconized as input

Last response: in Windows 8
January 10, 2013 9:48:12 PM

I have been using my MIDI keyboard (Roland Juno-Gi) in my laptop for a while now without any issues with Sonar LE. But when I try to use it in my desktop it doesn't show up as an input device. Is there any way to force windows to recognize it as an input device? It shows up under "Sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager but I need it to show up as a recording device to use it.
a b * Windows 8
January 10, 2013 9:59:51 PM

Hi :) 

Have you JUST upgraded to 8 and that's when it stopped working ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 10:08:44 PM

P.S. I am getting the little keyboard icon by the date and time that displays midi activity
m
l
January 10, 2013 10:09:25 PM

I have recently installed the new driver and i have had windows 8 for about 6 months now
m
l
January 10, 2013 10:10:05 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Have you JUST upgraded to 8 and that's when it stopped working ?

I had never tried my keyboard with windows 8 untill now.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 10, 2013 10:13:35 PM

hayesboys3 said:
I had never tried my keyboard with windows 8 untill now.

Thats PRECISELY what I thought...

You NEED , Windows 8 drivers for it from the manufacturer... no 8 drivers, its back to Windows 7 to get it to work ...

m
l
January 10, 2013 10:15:17 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Thats PRECISELY what I thought...

You NEED , Windows 8 drivers for it from the manufacturer... no 8 drivers, its back to Windows 7 to get it to work ...

I have the windows 8 drivers installed and i never had windows 7 on this computer. I just installed windows 8 from a usb drive.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 10, 2013 11:16:41 PM

I don't understand your problem. If it's showing up as a device with a yellow exclamation mark next to it, then it's not installed. If there is no yellow mark, the driver is installed.

What software are you trying to use it in?
m
l
January 10, 2013 11:22:05 PM

getochkn said:
I don't understand your problem. If it's showing up as a device with a yellow exclamation mark next to it, then it's not installed. If there is no yellow mark, the driver is installed.

What software are you trying to use it in?

Sonar 8.5 LE. I think the problem is the MIDI keyboard is not showing up as an audio input device in windows. Because of this, i think, my software wont read it.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 10, 2013 11:48:38 PM

In the audio settings for sonar, you don't see the device in there at all? could be a sonar and windows 8 problem, I haven't used sonar in years so not sure where the settings are anymore off hand.
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:19:10 AM

Okay. I think i'll wait until my new motherboard arrives in a few days. This one's pretty old and it might be a USB port issue.
m
l
!