Sign in with
Your question

BEST LOW PROFILE AM3 COOLER?

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2011 12:33:07 PM

OK guys im building a cheap low profile media pc in this case

http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=CAA-C...

Compact size desktop PC case for ATX and Micro ATX main boards
Perfect for standard PS/2 power supplies
Perfect system cooling with up to 5 integrable fans (optional)
Special HiFi design black aluminium front panel and silver metal rubber stands
All in all up to 6 drive bays for variable system configurations
2x USB 2.0, 2x audio and one Firewire (IEEE1394) connector in front
Easy installation due well thought-out case design
CD-ROM front doors with eject button (variable button pressure point)
Blue illuminated power button

The compact and nice designed black GL-3 case fits perfectly in your shelf next to your audio and video system. All in all 6 drive bays provide enough space to install all your devices like hard disks, DVD-player and burner. Perfect cooling solution with up to 5 optional fans can cool down all of the components. Easy removable cover and a lot of space inside the case ensure simple installation of all components. The elegant aluminium front design with two covers hides a 3.5 bay, 2x USB 2.0, 2x audio and a firewire connector. HiFi style silver metal covered feet can be fixed at any location, so you can easily put this case on your audio or video devices.
Dimensions (wxhxd)-(mm) : 295 x 145 x 385

Now im using an MSI 870-C45 AMD 770 Chipset (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard with a AMD Phenom II X2 Dual Core 555 3.20GHz Black Edition (Socket AM3), i dont really wish to use the stock cooler that came with the CPU, so heres the questions.

I have the stock cooler off my PhenomII X4 965, will this be better than the one that came with the 555 ?
If not can anybody recommend the best low profile cooler that will be quiet and really cool ? The head room for the cooler can not exceed 11cm/110mm.

More about : low profile am3 cooler

Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2011 2:44:20 PM

Cheers chaps, im likeing the scyth.
!