Sign in with
Your question

Help!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 16, 2011 4:28:40 PM

OK. this is my first post here cuz i need help, couldent find anything on google etc

my laptop is a acer aspire 5515

and problems are: 45 min= an hour startup and constant freezing.

ive had this computer for 4 years and there hasnt been a problem this big
Even after it starts up everything is still non responsive like. if i click something it feezes up the whole system and then comes up a min later
after an hour or so i try to watch a youtube vid and the vid freezes every 2 sec with the sound at a hang liek a scratched CD
ive tryed a few fixes i know but i am not an expert
like re-applying the thermal paste BEcuz the laptop was very hot and that helped the overheating prob but everything else still occurs

I tryed the last measure -- INSTALL A NEW WINDOWS -- still the same so im thinking its a hardware prob
i checked CPU and its not the prob cuz it never really reaches 100% so it seems ok
its not the RAM cuz i have 3GB and its never ful

Full Specs:
1.6Ghz AMD athlon 64
3GB DDR2 Ram
X1200 Radon mobility
160GB Hitachi @ 7200

More about : question

a c 159 à CPUs
June 16, 2011 4:47:54 PM

You can try a laptop cooler with 2-3 fans; they cost $15 sometimes much less with rebate. You can also try some canned air solvent to clean everything up inside. If your board is going out, you may need a new laptop. Laptop boards are proprietary and very expensive; power supply could also have the heat issue.
June 16, 2011 4:49:23 PM

thanks but overheating isnt the prob cuz i fixed it with thermal paste
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2011 5:28:35 PM

What do you mean by "fixed it with thermal paste"? If you don't know your temperatures, don't assume it isn't overheating.
a c 134 à CPUs
June 16, 2011 7:58:50 PM

Test the harddrive
June 18, 2011 12:04:03 AM

kajabla said:
What do you mean by "fixed it with thermal paste"? If you don't know your temperatures, don't assume it isn't overheating.

the bottom of the laptop was hot enough to burn me (not really but still) and i checked the cpu- and put new thermal paste on it now the laptop isnt hot anymore after like 2 hours (of a blank screen) :( 

also @popatim i checked the hard drive no errors or fragment etc wat else do i need to check on it?
!