Sign in with
Your question

Is pci express x1 slot will take PCI express card? is this the same?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2011 9:59:41 PM

have an GEforce 7600 gs pci express and looking to buy a MB ASUS with pci express x1 it looks like it is same thing (MB info here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... )
Please advise
Thanks
January 11, 2011 10:22:46 PM

That Asus board has 2 PCI-E slots for Crossfire/SLI setup but your 7600 GS will work in the top slot just fine.

the x1 slots are for 'other' cards (sound, ethernet, modem, etc...) if you have or need them.
a c 355 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 11, 2011 10:35:22 PM

PCI-e x1 slots are those short out most blue slots on the left and right, and that short white slot in the middle.

The two longest slots are your 2 PC-e 16x slots. When you have two GPUs they will operate each at 8x.

The light blue medium length slots are your good ol' standard PCI slots.
Related resources
January 11, 2011 11:01:23 PM

thanks -just ordered MB and not sure is my KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX THREE DDR3 x 4gb each memory will work on this mother board. Please help if you know.
Thank you!!
January 12, 2011 2:39:28 PM

The motherboard supports Dual channel memory. Your memory kit implies it is tripple channel. Basically the optimal performance for the board would be to use 'pairs' of memory. I'm not positive but you should be able to use 2 of the 3 modules for 8GB total but if you can return the memory kit and get a dual channel memory kit it would make more sense.
January 12, 2011 2:47:08 PM

BusyRabbit said:
The motherboard supports Dual channel memory. Your memory kit implies it is tripple channel. Basically the optimal performance for the board would be to use 'pairs' of memory. I'm not positive but you should be able to use 2 of the 3 modules for 8GB total but if you can return the memory kit and get a dual channel memory kit it would make more sense.

Thanks for your reply
I'm waiting to try 2 of them working first and then maybe order one more... to do 4 of them
as far as I understand dual channel memory means that I can use 2 of them or 4?! I'm right?
it is still DDR3 240 pin thats all??? right?
January 12, 2011 3:08:06 PM

Yes, that is exactly it. Use pairs of matched memory and you're golden!

Good luck.
January 19, 2011 12:17:20 AM

Great - it works!!!!!! thanks all!!!
!