Cmos reset constant need

Buttmonkey123

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I just bought a new PSU and properly connected all the wires. I bought this because I just also bought a new graphics card, the HD 6770.
After connecting it all up and starting the computer up, the computer shows no screen and the graphics card fan spins incredibly fast for about half a second, then the motherboard reset beep kicks in. This happens about 10 - 15 times until the BIOS shows up showing a system failure to start.
To correct this issue I can reset the CMOS and although this "reset beep" process happens again, when it gets to BIOS , the CMOS shows its been reset and I can continue onto windows, and everything is fine, just like normal.
If the computer shuts down then the system failure appears again until the CMOS has been reset.
I've used my other graphics card, which works perfectly and this scenario happens again.
I would like to know why this happens and what I can do to fix it, thanks :)

Buttmonkey123

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Done that thanks, everything is on default, it just has a system failure each time, nothing is broken as it can still run windows fine, it just means i have to CMOS reset everytime i want to start it back up again. And I cant imagine the high rpms at the "Reset beep" stage can do the graphics card any good