I have an application that streams video and within the network are some cabled pc's and wireless pc's. I have no issues with streaming to the pc's that are wired from a wireless pc, but experience some breakup issues when trying to stream from a wireless pc to another wireless pc.
Can anyone help with pointers on the issues of streaming wireless to wireless? I'm using a Motorola AP-7131n
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.
I did have the ap low to the floor and have moved it up. I am working with this at work in my office. I am using the 5ghz range and am the only ap around here at 5ghz. i think that helps for my testing. Cabled pc's are at 1gig and the wirless ones are getting 270m.
Also, the ap and pc's are only about 2meters max away from each other if that helps.
Are there any other known issues with wireless to wireless that your aware of that maybe i can look at in the settings perhaps.