Solved

Corsair H70 Question

Hi All!

I am narrowing down my final build for my PC and I am considering replacing the Coolermaster 212 in my build below with the H70 Water Cooler from Corsair. The main reason is aesthetics, although I will be overclocking to the 4.2mhz range so cooling will be needed too. I have also never used water cooling so I thought it would be interesting to try out.

Ok on to my actual question. How high is the quality of the thermal paste that comes factory installed on the H70? I have read several reviews that say it is high quality and some that say replace it. I know the Sandy Bridge don't run that hot unless you get into the upper echelon of their OC'n abilities, so should I worry about replacing this paste? I personally feel since I am going with a Stylish Corsair case/stylish corsair psu, corsair ram etc that the water cooler would look way better than a big air cooler.

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
EVGA 560ti (already bought)
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Combo Price $234.98
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $159.99
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus $39.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $84.99
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge $224.99
Corsair HX750 Modular PSU
LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH24NS70 $19.99
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair question
  1. It kinda sucks actually use Arctic silver 5 instead made about a 2-3c diff for me on one of my rigs
  2. Best answer
    Actually, the TIM that comes on the H70 is excellent. It's Shin Etsu and one bonus is that there is no cure time. It's 100% effective as soon as your cooler is installed. This isn't to say that some others may give a slight improvement but it is very good out of the box if you don't want to change it.
  3. Best answer selected by elrui.
  4. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Corsair