No boot, no bios, no monitor with led error 32

killedkenny

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hi everyone, I could really use some help sorting out this problem. I recenetly performed a new build and can not even get in to the bios. I have an Asus p8z68 deluxe gen3 mobo,an i2700k, a thermaltake 500w psu and asus hd3870 videocard. I am waiting for corsair dominator gt 2133 ram and a corsair 850 watt psu to arrive stil(backordered) and the computer store has loaned me the psu and a 4gb patriot 1333 ram stick until the backordered stuff arrives. I have tried all 4 dimm slots with the ram and get the same result, error 32 and no bios and no speaker beeps and dram light stays on. If i remove the ram so all dimms are empty i then get a different error code E5 (reserved for future AMI progress codes) whatever that means. I would think that it would have fault coded to no ram installed error code instead, however the speaker does beep the proper code for no memory installed. I know a 500 watt psu for this system is too low so i am leaning toward a psu problem but the computer store said it would be fine so i don't know. The fact that the error changes when I remove the ram may be an indicator that the ram is bad also but i don't know if i can narrow it done any further wihout replacing parts or if i should be looking at something else I have read the guides on this and other websites and have double checked all wiring connectors, cpu installation and video card and all seems to be ok. I was reading how the default vga in bios is set to onboard vga and it must be switched to pci-e to enable the video card but i don't see how that could be applicable to this mobo because it does not have onboard video.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
A 3870 video card? Did you mean a 6870? A 500 W PSU will easily power your setup with a 6870 has a TDP of 151W and a 3870 even less.
Last ditch effort, remove and re-install CPU. Do you have a HSF mounted on it or are you trying to boot without one? Chances are it won't as the BIOS checks for fan failure.

killedkenny

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
yeah its an eah3870, i installed this card because i know it is good and i was concerned that the gtx 570 that i will be installing would push the psu too much where the 3870 does not consume as much power. i tried resetting the cmos and that did not work, however i have been still playing with the ram and trying it in different dimms, now i just get the cpu red power light on the board lit up and no error codes. I have a noctua heatsink installed and have rechecked it, i don't see any interference