2400Mhz Hyper Transport vs 2600Mhz??????

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
just wondering it also says 4800mt/s on the 2400MHz one and 5200mt/s on the 2600MHz one i mean what does this even mean like is there a noticable difference im trying to get a pc for someone and one that works and im thinking about a 4100 but this might not be good just wondering (im looking at a AM3+ motherboard on newegg ut it tells me stuff i don't know)

By The Way The sub-category Is ASRock But This Is A Gigabyte Board And None Of The Categorys Work

G

It has a very slight effect, but it is barely noticable. if you were running multi graphics cards then a slight boost from the 2600mhz/5200mts is noticable over the other one, but not really much different, not worth it in an honest opinion :)

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

ok that's good but can you overclock the 2400mhz to a 2600mhz one?

what does it mean by mt/s like is it just a different measurement of mhz for hyper transport?

I herd a lot about performance impacts if the HT is to high, But I couldn't really tell ya if that true or not, I had my 1100T at 2912mhz HT and the performance increase from that was not noticeable, So I went back to 2500mhz HT just because I can. But CPU-NB increase does wonders in how windows feels snappy, even a few FPS increases from it aw sell, not sure if the Bulldozer line sees the same improvement with a high CPU-NB.

Its not worth it to have a higher HT as Matt_1 said