Old Molex Fans and XFX PRO650W

Persheis

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello,
I have some unused Old 2-Pin fans from old computer builds. I plan to use them in my new build with a XFX PRO650W PSU.

The fans have molex connectors, both male and female, and I was wondering the following.

Would it be ok if I plug the male from the PSU to the female of one of the fans, and plug the male of this fan to the female of the other fan? That would be parallel connection, right?

Will they be ok? Since the 650W uses high amperage for OCing and stuff, I wonder if these little fans will blow up! xD

I have some space to add 2 or 3 more, so... if I connect them the same way as above, would it work?

Solution
You can daisy chain them like that it will work just fine, they like everything else in the system will only pull as much power as they need, the fact that the power supply has the current available doesnt mean that it forces it on things. You can daisy chain 4-5 fans in a row easily, after that the length of the connection is unwieldy
You can daisy chain them like that it will work just fine, they like everything else in the system will only pull as much power as they need, the fact that the power supply has the current available doesnt mean that it forces it on things. You can daisy chain 4-5 fans in a row easily, after that the length of the connection is unwieldy

Solution

TRENDING THREADS