Sign in with
Your question

PC Boots and Shuts down but won't restart.

Last response: in CPUs
June 17, 2011 6:07:14 AM

PC Shuts down and starts properly. Everything works OK. My problem is that when my windows 7 professional x64 is restarted, the pc hangs at a black screen after windows shuts down successfully. I have to hit the power button twice to get it to turn off fully and start back up. This doesnt affect performance of PC other than the fact I can't just restart it, I have to always just "shut down" and boot it back up. What is preventing me form using the restart function? (Sleep works properly too)

More about : boots shuts restart

November 9, 2011 2:28:00 AM

maxim253 said:
PC Shuts down and starts properly. Everything works OK. My problem is that when my windows 7 professional x64 is restarted, the pc hangs at a black screen after windows shuts down successfully. I have to hit the power button twice to get it to turn off fully and start back up. This doesnt affect performance of PC other than the fact I can't just restart it, I have to always just "shut down" and boot it back up. What is preventing me form using the restart function? (Sleep works properly too)

Hey Max, just wondering if you found a fix to this problem, because I am having the same issue on a new build. Boots up just fine, shut down just fine as well, but when I restart from Windows it won't reboot, just hangs at black screen. Was hoping someone would have posted a fix, but if you have found the solution, please let me know. Thanks.

bfine20
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 9, 2011 5:17:02 AM

How long do you let it sit there after you hit shut down?

If it is a very short amount of time before you get impatient and turn it off (minutes), it could be that it is trying to do a computer update for a program that wants to install before it shuts down.

If you let it go for hours and it still didn't shut down, you probably need to format c and reinstall windows.
m
l
!