Should my new computer get me through the next few years?

nrnx

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Hey guys, As some of you may know I like to upgrade quite frequently, at least once a year. Thus this year I have again upgraded my computer. What I wanted to know is if the system is good enough to get me through a few years if push comes to shove,

specs in sig here are 3D Mark 11 scores. Should I get a second 6870 for Xfire? I plan to later on but do I need one now? Thanks guys.

3D Mark Scores, 4000 range

rockyjohn

Distinguished
How long it lasts just depends on what you want out of it. It is a question only you can answer.

But you have a very good system and if you eventually CF the HD 6870 it will provide a lot of quality game play. When you CF depends on when you are not getting want you want out of current system and the cost of a second card is more than offset by value to you in gaming.

But certainly if you upgrade frequently, you already know all this. So why ask the question?

Magic 8 ball, will he need to upgrade in two years?

"Outlook not so good"

Well there you have it.

Also, why would you let someone tell you if you need to crossfire or not? Play games, right? Do you max the settings? Does it play well? If it does, then no. If it does not, then yes. I don't think there's any reason to let us convince you to do it or not.