Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best card to pair with gtx 295 for physx only

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 6:43:44 PM

What card is going to work for physix only in this setup gts 295 is main card. dont worry about my system specs i can run to gtx 295s cant afford to what is a good option a gtx 260?
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:11:39 PM

I think you can use any Nvidia card from 8800 series up as a dedicated Physx card.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:12:41 PM

Here is where i get confuzed can you pair a dx10 295 as main dx11 gts 450 as physics?


clarkjd said:
I think you can use any Nvidia card from 8800 series up as a dedicated Physx card.

m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:17:44 PM

DX10 or 11 has nothing to do with Physx. I would use the DX11 card as the main graphics card and use the other one for Physx.

Physx is simply using the second graphics card as an additional CPU for the calculations, like an old '486 used a '487 as a numeric co-processor.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:19:27 PM

285 > gts 450 ... by alot , that's why clarkjd :D 



but yea you could use the gts 450 as a physics only card
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:26:33 PM

g00fysmiley said:
285 > gts 450 ... by alot , that's why clarkjd :D 



but yea you could use the gts 450 as a physics only card



You are correct, of course! I was only looking at the DX10/DX11 issue. :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:31:47 PM

also funny think my main card has to be in my slave pcie slot for me to get a image and the physx card in main why is this because the slave slot has crap cooling.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:37:27 PM

cia24 said:
also funny think my main card has to be in my slave pcie slot for me to get a image and the physx card in main why is this because the slave slot has crap cooling.


What motherboard do you have?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 7:38:08 PM

msi nf750-g55
m
0
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 8:20:45 PM

Best in slot would be a single slot 9800gt as it is more than enough for most. There is a video on youtube at the moment ware it added a massive boost in Batman when it is pared with two GTX 480 in sli. With just the two GTX 480 in sli they only got 58 fps avg while pared with the 9800gt it got much higher avg fps while the min improved while the max moved up a bit. Don't bother with a GTS 450 or a GTX 260 unless you are using the cards for folding or encoding projects.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 10:04:49 PM

Please post a link for a good 9800gt or do i want a 9800gt+ or a gts 250 arent they the same thing?


nforce4max said:
Best in slot would be a single slot 9800gt as it is more than enough for most. There is a video on youtube at the moment ware it added a massive boost in Batman when it is pared with two GTX 480 in sli. With just the two GTX 480 in sli they only got 58 fps avg while pared with the 9800gt it got much higher avg fps while the min improved while the max moved up a bit. Don't bother with a GTS 450 or a GTX 260 unless you are using the cards for folding or encoding projects.

m
0
l

Best solution

a c 595 U Graphics card
January 12, 2011 11:20:04 PM

GTX260 and above are the best cards for PhysX, according to this Toms Hardware article:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-physx-hack-a...
Share
a c 173 U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 1:21:29 AM

17seconds said:
GTX260 and above are the best cards for PhysX, according to this Toms Hardware article:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-physx-hack-a...


According to them. A 9800gt is more than enough for most physx titles and with any higher end card the gains are less and less in real life. Compared to cost and power. In some older physx titles even a vintage Agiea ppu will be enough hell it beats running physx off any cpu.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 1:23:41 AM

Best answer selected by cia24.
m
0
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 1:59:16 AM

I don't think a gtx295 renders DX11. DX9/10 only. You can use any 8800 up for phsx.......... any cheap low powered card.
m
0
l
!