Not open for further replies.

scoobertdoo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
its here.
P1120497.jpg

let the benchmarking commence

Solution

I think you are giving instructions for enabling a dedicated PhysX card when the primary card is from ATI/AMD. Since the primary card is Nvidia, it should be plug and play for a second dedicated Nvidia PhysX card, regardless of the fact that the motherboard is AMD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

scoobertdoo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
no mafia 2, i play...
world of tanks, black ops 2, battlefield.
doing a F@H burn in right now.
how do i use the 8800GTS as a physics card? can i do this on a crossfire board?
can i set it up to run two GPU F@H clients?

I think you are giving instructions for enabling a dedicated PhysX card when the primary card is from ATI/AMD. Since the primary card is Nvidia, it should be plug and play for a second dedicated Nvidia PhysX card, regardless of the fact that the motherboard is AMD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Solution

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
So I am a little grossed out by this guy.... the entire room is a pig pen. His pride and joy should be this computer with a kick ass video card but it has more dust bunnies than the retirement home for easter bunnies.

If he sneezes we will see a mushroom cloud over his place.

Can you imagine what the rest of the room looks like - hey can we get a picture of that?

scoobertdoo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
a maid comes and cleans once per week. if she comes near my PC i would kill her. she knows that and steers clear.
last time she touched it 4 months ago she BSOD'ed it. quote "all i did was move it....." so no, it will not get cleaned.

That's exactly right. Please ignore my post about getting it to work ><

As for the PSU thing, well it seems like it should work, but it's definitely a budget brand PSU with split 12V rails @ 19A each. I probably would play it safe and not install the 8800GTS for PhysX.

D

Deleted member 362816

+1

To funny enjoy the beast that the 570 is

D

Deleted member 362816

The release of the gtx 560 is not going to lower the price of the 580 in 70 days so i wouldn't waste the money on a 570 and then not get back a 100% return get a 580.. just my opinion---rma it

Status
Not open for further replies.