Is the i3 380m 2 53GHz processor good for internet browsing and multitasking

Hello,
is the i3 380m 2.53GHz processor good for internet browsing and multitasking
8 answers Last reply
More about 380m 53ghz processor good internet browsing multitasking
  1. Easy answer is yes it is. The Intel® Core™ i3-380M is a nice little dual core processor that has hyper-threading allowing it to run up to 4 threads at once. Now if you are going to be doing a lot of work on battery you might thing of changing over to the 2nd generaiton Intel Core processors like the Intel Core i3-2310M to get better battery life.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  2. Actually, even a Pentium Dual-Core is enough. An i3 is definitely enough for web surfing.
  3. Even my 7 year old single core Celeron M/1.3 GHz is still fine for basic browsing/email funtionality, DVD watching, document processing....
  4. OK everything is OK for web browsing what do you mean by multi tasking?
  5. I recently swapped my old office PC for one based on the same CPU and it flies by comparrison. I use it for the regular office stuff plus running some bespoke software and vehicle tracking stuff also...
  6. IntelEnthusiast said:
    Easy answer is yes it is. The Intel® Core™ i3-380M is a nice little dual core processor that has hyper-threading allowing it to run up to 4 threads at once. Now if you are going to be doing a lot of work on battery you might thing of changing over to the 2nd generaiton Intel Core processors like the Intel Core i3-2310M to get better battery life.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team

Actually, I need to run three or four programs simultaneously while browsing the net. Will the i3 380m suffice? One more thing, is the clock-speed enough to serve my purpose? Do I need an i5 processor or i3 is good enough for what I need?
  7. livebriand said:
    Actually, even a Pentium Dual-Core is enough. An i3 is definitely enough for web surfing.

Sir, I may even need to run 3 or 4 programs simultaneously while browsing the net. Is the clock speed of 2.53GHz good enough. Pls explain to me in detail
  8. simon12 said:
    OK everything is OK for web browsing what do you mean by multi tasking?

Sir, I may even need to run 3 or 4 programs simultaneously while browsing the net. Is the clock speed of 2.53GHz good enough? Pls explain this to me in detail
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Multitasking Processors Internet