Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Trouble removing the front bezel on a Rosewill Smart One case

Last response: in Components
June 17, 2011 7:13:51 PM

Hopefully this'll be a quick issue to resolve: I've got a Rosewill Smart One for a new build, but the front bezel (which needs to be removed to take out the drive-bay covers) doesn't want to come off. What I've found online so far is to remove both of the case's side panels, then place my fingers along the sides of the bezel and pull it straight off. The problem is that trying this doesn't produce so much as a shift in the bezel. Granted, I could pull on it quite a bit harder, but I'm afraid of breaking the plastic of the bezel. It seems to be a newer variant than the one shown on Newegg's site as mine has cutouts for routing cables behind the mobo tray and some new tie-down points, in case that matters. Is there anyone familiar with this case who can offer advice?

More about : trouble removing front bezel rosewill smart case

Best solution

a c 104 ) Power supply
June 17, 2011 7:22:38 PM

run your fingers down the inside edge, with the sidepanels off, youll feel a couple of spots where the prongs go into the metal of the case push those and the front should come off without too much pulling,
also while your looking inside, make sure there are now screws holding it on, i've seen that once or twice on no-name cases and its caught me out everytime lol
Moto
June 17, 2011 7:32:11 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
run your fingers down the inside edge, with the sidepanels off, youll feel a couple of spots where the prongs go into the metal of the case push those and the front should come off without too much pulling,
also while your looking inside, make sure there are now screws holding it on, i've seen that once or twice on no-name cases and its caught me out everytime lol
Moto

Thanks. Found four of those prongs right after starting this thread and pinched them all in, but the thing still wouldn't come off. On your tip, I checked everything again and found two more prongs hidden at the top of the bezel. Those were a pain to get out, but that was what was still keeping the thing on. Problem solved, and the build goes on.
m
l
June 17, 2011 7:32:21 PM

Best answer selected by cortillaen.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
June 17, 2011 9:13:14 PM

Glad you got sorted man, Good luck with the rest of the build :) 
Moto
m
l
!