Eclipse Class Starbase

What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?

Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?
12 answers Last reply
More about eclipse class starbase

    If it gets stolen, the fuel would vanish (think this got fixed some
    hosts ago).
    Why do you ask?

    Jochen

    Could it be because of this :
    Holo Jamming Device: Takes 10kt of fuel to run. Causes the ship using
    it plus all ships belonging to the ship's race within a 10 LY radius to
    appear to all other players to be at an incorect location up to 100 LY
    away. A Bioscanner within 150 LY causes the holo jamming device to fail
    to work.

    Which the Eclipse does have.

    Amaranthine wrote:
    > What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
    > transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?
    >
    > Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?

    Ah!! That would definately be it.

    It was just curiosity on my part. I was doing calculations and figured
    that a starheat of 12 would fill the Eclipse's tank in a single turn.
    Since it is extremely that the Solorian would have a Shipyard on such a
    cold star, the Eclipse is essentially built with a full tank. I
    wondered whether the tank would just stay full, useless, for the entire
    game.

    The Jamming Device and Shields(?) would give it a use. This minimal
    use would be instantly filled each turn though, always seeming to be
    full.

    Does the Shields really use fuel? How much?

    Amaranthine wrote:
    > What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
    > transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?
    >
    > Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?

    the shield uses fuel

    I don't think ships' shields use fuel. never heard about that and at
    least MY shields don't : )
    but baseshields use fuel, maybe you mixed that up.

    criss

    Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
    mentioned in the docs....

    Jochen

    Amaranthine wrote:
    > the Eclipse is essentially built with a full tank. I
    > wondered whether the tank would just stay full, useless, for the entire
    > game.

    Yes and No.
    if you have the eclipse parked over a planet the ehole game then no.
    But if you use it to hide you approach the Yes.

    I think you're right that it was working once, but that was a very long
    time ago. They do not use fuel now.

    Scytale

    Shild do not use fuel. In planets4.exe ingame-stats it shows shields use
    fuel. AFAIK this has been disabled. At least I have never seen any fuel used
    by shilds (3000 shilds should use 30 fuel and that would be noticeable!)

    Greetings
    Sbastian

    "Black No1" <keineahnungwas@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
    > mentioned in the docs....
    >
    > Jochen

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Sebastian wrote:
    > Shild do not use fuel. In planets4.exe ingame-stats it shows shields use
    > fuel. AFAIK this has been disabled. At least I have never seen any fuel used
    > by shilds (3000 shilds should use 30 fuel and that would be noticeable!)
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sbastian
    >
    > "Black No1" <keineahnungwas@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
    >>mentioned in the docs....
    >>
    >>Jochen

    i think they only use fuel when they are charged ( in actual combat)
    this may have been deleted, but it did work at one time.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Part of my confusion was that I believed the Eclipse was unable to
    move, similar to the Solar Collection Array. Being able to leave a
    star, does give the fuel tank purpose.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    General Shields do not use fuel.
    Shields did use fuel in a very early release of the Host but was
    removed.

Games Video Games