Eclipse Class Starbase

Last response: in Video Games
July 13, 2005 6:01:40 PM

What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?

Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?

More about : eclipse class starbase

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:58:02 PM

If it gets stolen, the fuel would vanish (think this got fixed some
hosts ago).
Why do you ask?

Jochen
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:06:37 AM

Could it be because of this :
Holo Jamming Device: Takes 10kt of fuel to run. Causes the ship using
it plus all ships belonging to the ship's race within a 10 LY radius to
appear to all other players to be at an incorect location up to 100 LY
away. A Bioscanner within 150 LY causes the holo jamming device to fail
to work.

Which the Eclipse does have.

Amaranthine wrote:
> What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
> transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?
>
> Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:03:55 AM

Ah!! That would definately be it.

It was just curiosity on my part. I was doing calculations and figured
that a starheat of 12 would fill the Eclipse's tank in a single turn.
Since it is extremely that the Solorian would have a Shipyard on such a
cold star, the Eclipse is essentially built with a full tank. I
wondered whether the tank would just stay full, useless, for the entire
game.

The Jamming Device and Shields(?) would give it a use. This minimal
use would be instantly filled each turn though, always seeming to be
full.

Does the Shields really use fuel? How much?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:59:30 AM

Amaranthine wrote:
> What does the Eclipse need its fuel for? It can't move and can't
> transfer the fuel to anyone else. Can it be stolen?
>
> Would having a fuel tank of 1 be any different than the current 100?

the shield uses fuel
July 14, 2005 1:22:33 PM

I don't think ships' shields use fuel. never heard about that and at
least MY shields don't : )
but baseshields use fuel, maybe you mixed that up.

criss
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:56:52 PM

Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
mentioned in the docs....

Jochen
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 2:07:13 AM

Amaranthine wrote:
> the Eclipse is essentially built with a full tank. I
> wondered whether the tank would just stay full, useless, for the entire
> game.

Yes and No.
if you have the eclipse parked over a planet the ehole game then no.
But if you use it to hide you approach the Yes.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 11:12:47 AM

I think you're right that it was working once, but that was a very long
time ago. They do not use fuel now.

Scytale
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:01:42 PM

Shild do not use fuel. In planets4.exe ingame-stats it shows shields use
fuel. AFAIK this has been disabled. At least I have never seen any fuel used
by shilds (3000 shilds should use 30 fuel and that would be noticeable!)

Greetings
Sbastian

"Black No1" <keineahnungwas@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
> mentioned in the docs....
>
> Jochen

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:06:05 PM

Sebastian wrote:
> Shild do not use fuel. In planets4.exe ingame-stats it shows shields use
> fuel. AFAIK this has been disabled. At least I have never seen any fuel used
> by shilds (3000 shilds should use 30 fuel and that would be noticeable!)
>
> Greetings
> Sbastian
>
> "Black No1" <keineahnungwas@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>Never noticed that, too. If shields *do* need fuel, that should be
>>mentioned in the docs....
>>
>>Jochen

i think they only use fuel when they are charged ( in actual combat)
this may have been deleted, but it did work at one time.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 2:01:13 PM

Part of my confusion was that I believed the Eclipse was unable to
move, similar to the Solar Collection Array. Being able to leave a
star, does give the fuel tank purpose.
July 18, 2005 7:37:56 AM

General Shields do not use fuel.
Shields did use fuel in a very early release of the Host but was
removed.
!