I7 2600k and thread parking

linv5800

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Is there a way to turn off this " parking " . I just got my i7 today , i upped from
the i5 2500k . Any help would be great and appreciated ! Thanks alot all .

Why would you want to? If you go under load, the threads immediately become active, without hurting your performance.
If you insist, here's a response from the *exact same thread* somewhere else. Please search before posting.

Go to Regedit

- Find this key:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "

- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero

- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system [ in my DAW it was only found twice ]

- Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start

And somebody else, in the same thread, said that setting the Windows power setting to Maximum does it.

linv5800

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I do not have that key in my reg . Tried it already and have seen this pasted and copied everywhere , thats for older cpus . i think . . Also , im sick of it running at 1.6 unless im above 50% cpu or encoding , is there a way to make it stop that also . Don mind using more power . lol .

I fail to see your problem.

CPU's are designed to use less power until it's required. The switchover is seamless.

"I'm sick of running at 1.6 unless im above 50% cpu or encoding"

I assume you mean that the CPU runs at 1.6GHz until the task requires that the frequency and voltage be increased to handle the required task.

Again, the default settings in modern computer for the CPU are meant to minimize power usage when it's not needed. There are ways to disable these default settings but there would be no performance gain, you would just add heat and fan noise.