Sign in with
Your question
Solved

3mm blue led

Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2011 4:16:43 PM

ok i have a coolermaster haf912 case and the power and hdd indicater leds are red this dont match my color sceam i wont blue ones i contacted cm and thay say the size of them are 3mm what im asking is where can i buy blue 3mm led's at i like them bright so the brighter the better caint find them anywhere plz help

and what whould i be looking for like what power should thay be and stuff like that ??

ty Lynmachine

More about : 3mm blue led

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
March 18, 2011 1:28:49 PM

you will need a soldering iron, solder and flux. some small heat shrink tubing would be good also.

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html?mv_profile=keyword...

this is a good site for all your case modding needs. they may be a little pricey on some stuff, but unless you can find it local then at a microcenter or Fry's then they are the place.
March 18, 2011 7:30:59 PM

omg ty wish thay came wired already but i got all the ness eqipment to do it
i caint stand red lol and i got a 200 mm blue fan in front and a 4 fan controler and a cd/dvd all with blue lights the red makes it look bad time to change ty
lynmachine
m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2011 7:31:11 PM

Best answer selected by lynmachine.
m
l
March 19, 2011 12:53:32 AM

ya thay are .75C but shipping to me is 15$-75$ wtf really ill just go to the source or radio shack
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 19, 2011 5:23:07 AM

seems rather high for shipping. you can get them on amazon.com also. "search 3mm LED" shipping was only like $5 for a $0.98 LED. I alway get one more than I need just in case on doesn't work or I fry it or something like that.
m
l
March 19, 2011 11:03:39 PM

have a huge q do i need to put a resister on it or just wire it up long lead pos short neg and splice it in to the existing wireing if i need a resister or somthing else plz let me know on what i will need to do ty
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 20, 2011 5:39:08 AM

lynmachine said:
have a huge q do i need to put a resister on it or just wire it up long lead pos short neg and splice it in to the existing wireing if i need a resister or somthing else plz let me know on what i will need to do ty

if you are just replacing the the LED there should already be a resister in the line some where. the resister is very small and is probably attached to one of the LED's on the circuit, but is hidden by the heat shrink.
m
l
March 20, 2011 12:35:03 PM

so when i get the new ones i should just remover the heat shrink and cut the led leads of and soilder the pos to the risister if ther is one and neg to the neg wire right ty
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 20, 2011 1:16:15 PM

lynmachine said:
so when i get the new ones i should just remover the heat shrink and cut the led leads of and soilder the pos to the risister if ther is one and neg to the neg wire right ty

yep
m
l
!