Sign in with
Your question

Ntoskrnl.exe 4a5f3c Windows 7 error

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2011 4:31:59 PM

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031711-30108-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4A5F3C)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008D0D748, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
March 17, 2011 5:13:01 PM

Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update and/or manufacturer websites.

Scan your computer for computer viruses or other infections. There are a lot of free scanners out there, but the ones I know to work very well are:

1. SUPER Antispyware
2. Malwarebytes Antimalware
3. Spybot S&D
4. CCleaner

Note: Some infections require "anti" software to be run several times to completely remove infections.

Check your hard disk for errors by going to Start->Run-> type in "cmd", to open the command prompt screen.

In command prompt, type "chkdsk /f". This will scan your hard drive for errors and fix what is possible.

March 21, 2011 5:57:08 PM

Out of warranty HP M9600t I7 920 6 gb ram blueray r/w . Had problem when new with vista and had free upgrade to win7, so got new 1tb hard drive did a clean install, updated bios to 5.29/ all drivers / put roxio pro/office2007/Nortons 360 and my digital camera movies back in and still same problem. PS ck'ed good /subbed ram /ran all tests above and then some. Thinking it's the Pagatron IPMTB-TK (UL8E) Truckee X58 motherboard or the I7 920. PC tools load test of all components come out ok. Memtest 86 stops 1/2 way thru. machine will run then bsod and/or freeze or bsod and then freeze in bsod. Can run for 3/4 days at a time and ok, happens any time no program relation. Is ther a replacement motherboard for this piece of garbage. HP just want to sell me a new tower.
!