Sign in with
Your question

Dell Inspiron 1525 LED not working

Last response: in Components
June 18, 2011 3:12:38 AM

Ok, so I realized that my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop was overheating, so I figured that dust had accumulated in the CPU fan. I then removed the back casing of my laptop and cleaned the L-shaped component (don't know that it is, could be that it throws out dust and air) attached to the fan. Then I assembled it back and when I pressed the power button, the laptop switched on but the Power led at the botton left of the laptop didn't light up.When I connected the laptop to the A/C power, the charging led didn't light up too. Also none of the other led light up. But other than that the laptop works fine.

Next I switched it off and again disassembled it and checked it any components were deattached, but I didn't find any. I switched it on and now the screen didn't work. The speaker did play the Windows 7 welcome music which meant that the computer did boot. I manually switched it off and again disassembled it. Went through the process again and it switched it on.

Now it is back to the same previous condition but without the LEDs working. Is it a problem with the LEDs or something else?

My Specs
Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
2.0GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core
4GB RAM
Running OS: Windows 7
June 19, 2011 9:25:21 PM

I am not aware of any issues with the LED's. You probably have just missed a connection somewhere, when i took mine apart it was pretty complicated. Is it really important though?
m
l
!