My nx9005 seems completely dead after an extended power off, and flat battery. Now it won't charge or function. I have it apart, and I wonder if there are any fusible links on the motherboard near the power input socket, labelled T1 2K at PD10 and PD11. As far as I can see, the input supply goes through here. Could a surge from attempting to power up after dis-use possibly have blown these, if they are fuses?
More aboutcompaq nx9005 power failure
try and run it without the battery, just with a plug.