MDG computer won't boot

Byebye190

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I have a MDG 3150DL desktop computer with Pentium D procesor, Radeon X1550, and 250GB Hard Drive with Windows Vista Home.

It stopped booting a while ago. I recently got it to boot after reconnecting everything, removing the video card and modem, and took out what I thought was bad ram. After I got it to boot and load Vista, it turns out I forgot the password...and I hadn't made any recovery disks(I was pretty dumb) so, I installed Windows XP using an installation CD doing a complete format (cause I've heard of conflicts between the two OS). But when I tried to start it later, it won't boot again! It doesn't make the beeping sounds anymore when I take out the ram. I pretty sure it's not the power supply cause it was JUST working. :fou:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Byebye190

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Thank you for your quick reply! :ouch:
Ok. I don't think if I can find the specific specs but here's what I can find from the case

On the sticker:
MDG Vision 3150DL
Intel 946GZIS - Windows Vista Home Premium
Pentium D 2.8Ghz/1GB DDR2-RAM
250GB SATA HDD/18X DVD-R-RW
USR 56K Modem/1.44 Floppy
Microsoft Works 2006/Radeon X1550 512MB

(I changed the DVD writer)

Power Supply Model: MIOS 400U-420PS
Output 420W ( I can post specific stats in the chart if you want)

Hard Drive Model: Western Digital WD2500JS-55nc81

Motherboard Model: Intel Desktop Board D946GZIS (I think, that's what it says on the mobo)

I will try to clear CMOS. I can't find the jumper or button so I'll use the battery method.

Byebye190

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Ok I tried it but it still won't boot. The first time I tried to boot it it ran for about 5 seconds then shut off on it's own and wouldn't turn on, but the motherboard light was on. Then, I flipped the power supply switch off then on again, and when I booted it, it continued to run without booting, same as before.