About the Peeps

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 14, 2005 12:01:30 PM

Can someone help me understand this race? I find it very confusing
regarding some of their ships:

The Emissary Scout has a Reticulian Light Beam BUT it can only be used
if the ship has an empty pod. The Scout has no pods! So how can one use
the RLB?

Same for the Propaganda Luxery Cruiser...an RLB but no pods.

Then there is the Sacrifice Improved...it has a Gravitonic Accelerator
but no engines???

I'm sure there is a logical explanation. Could someone please share
their knowledge of the Peoples Army and what is a good way to play
them?

Thanks for any attention
Monk

More about : peeps

July 14, 2005 1:19:08 PM

scapegoat - space goat *lol*
I like that.
Nothing more to add. Another perfect description from Ralph. Never
expected anything else ; )

criss
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:55:31 PM

The only use of the grav acc in the sacrifice imporoved is to give it
to an scav?
Well, there are many things regarding the peeps that make *no* sense...

Just a question: Does anyone know the race creator? Is there any chance
the peeps will get revamped? I just think of the dracs that seem to get
some new thoughts....

Jochen
July 15, 2005 12:50:26 AM

Soem adds:

The Prisoner Pods are free floating, it have changed and works.

More strong points:
The Typ 1 GU, which each akt as a Mine + Smelter, so that you have no
problems to get the minerals you create with the Amper. And they do a
little for the Ground defence too.

More weak points:
No good carrier IMHO
Most ships have a low number (or zero) PDs, or are low in the Ord holds.
Many helpfull ships need much minerals like the Claymore.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
July 15, 2005 12:55:38 AM

"Well, thats all from the top of my head, so anybody feels free to
correct
me;
as if anyone here would need that invitation :)  "

Thanks! Excellent information. I appreciate it!

Monk
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:53:44 AM

Build your propagandas en masse w/o parts. even low tech engines...1 over a
planet with fewer than 1 mil.col. will generate 60 mc. 10 will generate
600. This is contary to the docs. Use the atonomy to clone your troops at
first, then HG later. It also has agro dome, and alchemy. This will be key
because all your good ships take alot of metals. That little carrier is
nice too, it cloaks and has 6 pod bays. You also have two ships with Hyp.,
and 110 or 120 mormal speed.
Concentrate your efforts at getting the claymores as quickly as possible.
-J-
!