Requesting help picking a case

ActionHobo

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I am going to start my build this summer, and I'm trying to decide on a case.

Here are some features I'm looking for:
- ATX Mid/Full
- Big enough to Crossfire 6970's
- A front port with mic/headphones and a few USB
- Good cooling for OCing
- Mobo tray
- Side window
- <$150
- Preferably on Newegg

These are vague credentials, but I just want to know what the TH community would recommend. I'm open to all colors/shapes.
Also, I don't care for Coolermaster stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
you are not going to get a removable MB tray at that price. I don't really like them any way. a case with good cable managment is what you shoudl be asking for. A MB tray might be convenient for installing the MB itself, but once you go to put on the heatsink (unless its a stock one or a waterblock) you need to have the MB already in the case. How often do you do this? ONCE! save yourself some money and get a case with good cable management.

All from Newegg:
these will fit upto a 11.x" card

AZZA Hurrican 2000 CSAZ-2000 (several models of this type case)
N82E16811517010

NZXT TEMPEST EVO Digital Artic-Camo
N82E16811146063

No window, has cutout mesh/Fan where you can easily put a window this is a great case for modding.
NZXT...
Why would you not want Cooler Master? That seems rather limiting since they make so many fine cases.

MB trays are usually found in very expensive cases, not sub-$150.

In fact, you can't have a true removable tray for less than about $200, and it's a CM case.

The Raidmax Smilodon has a drop-down tray but no cable management and looks a bit cramped for long cards.

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
you are not going to get a removable MB tray at that price. I don't really like them any way. a case with good cable managment is what you shoudl be asking for. A MB tray might be convenient for installing the MB itself, but once you go to put on the heatsink (unless its a stock one or a waterblock) you need to have the MB already in the case. How often do you do this? ONCE! save yourself some money and get a case with good cable management.

All from Newegg:
these will fit upto a 11.x" card

AZZA Hurrican 2000 CSAZ-2000 (several models of this type case)
N82E16811517010

NZXT TEMPEST EVO Digital Artic-Camo
N82E16811146063

No window, has cutout mesh/Fan where you can easily put a window this is a great case for modding.
NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK
N82E16811146068

I know you said no CM, but this is a great case.
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 (this model is sold out at new egg, but there are many versions, search Haf 932)
N82E16811119230

Solution