Good FPS and GPU temp software

hi there. i am looking forward to download a software which can show me the FPS and GPU temp even when i am playing the games. so ,please give some advice on it,which to install. Also, i've heard that when you download such a software it slows down the game(FPS level goes down),is it true?
Here are my system specs: core i5-460M, ddr3(2*2GB), mobility radeon HD5870, windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
9 answers Last reply
More about good temp software
  1. Since no one else has given you a solution, I'll give you a not so elegant solution.

If you have a 2nd monitor, then just use MSI Afterburner, but I suspect you do not, since you haven't mentioned it.

So, to get an on-screen-display of your temp and fps, you can use MSI afterburner and set the monitoring tab to include GPU temp and make it the on-screen-display. I also just discovered I can display FPS as well. So, MSI Afterburner will handle both, and your overclocking needs if you choose.
  2. yes thats right,i don't have a 2nd monitor. well,MSI afterburner,hmmm.....,i'll install it but please just clarify me about this thing that i heard that while recording these things(FPS, GPU temp etc.) during game,it can slow down the games (like FPS will drop down). if yes,then what's the solution to sort this out?
  3. one more thing though,as i was just reading through MSI afterburner features, it says that through this we can overclock and boost performace and all. i don't have much idea about overclocking,so i don't want to mess those default settings that i already have and all i want is to see FPS and GPU temp while playing game. so,is afterburner is ok to use?
  4. If you want to see FPS during game play. Download the free version of fraps. I dont know of a program that will display temp while gaming though.
  5. Fraps doesn't display temps, but as long as you don't mess with the clocks on MSI Afterburner, it won't change anything. It'll just show the default settings.

It's a very lightweight program that should not have noticeable loss of FPS.

You'll have to go to the settings and monitor tab, click on GPU temp, then below there is a checkbox to turn on on screen display, then go to the Frame rate and do the same thing.

The next tab allows you to make a hotkey so you can turn it on and off in game.
  6. bystander said:
    Since no one else has given you a solution, I'll give you a not so elegant solution.

If you have a 2nd monitor, then just use MSI Afterburner, but I suspect you do not, since you haven't mentioned it.

So, to get an on-screen-display of your temp and fps, you can use MSI afterburner and set the monitoring tab to include GPU temp and make it the on-screen-display. I also just discovered I can display FPS as well. So, MSI Afterburner will handle both, and your overclocking needs if you choose.

Thank you.
    I reading this post and was looking for something like this.
    MSI afterburner works great for FPS and Temp monitoring during game.
    I just tried it on BioShock 2 high settings 1920x1080 (average ~32 fps-52c)
    To the OP
    afterburner works great!
  7. Like what other people have said. You can use MSI Afterburner. I personally use Rivatuner server. I believe the Rivatuner can even provide more info on screen.

The MSI Afterburner is more easy to use. I'm just listing an alternative.
  8. He has an ATI card, so his best bet may be ATI Tray Tools.
  9. MSI Afterburner works on ATI cards. Use it. Look around. It will do what you want.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs FPS Software Graphics