Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • FPS
  • Software
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 13, 2011 3:44:09 PM

hi there. i am looking forward to download a software which can show me the FPS and GPU temp even when i am playing the games. so ,please give some advice on it,which to install. Also, i've heard that when you download such a software it slows down the game(FPS level goes down),is it true?
Here are my system specs: core i5-460M, ddr3(2*2GB), mobility radeon HD5870, windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

More about : good fps gpu temp software

a c 240 U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 4:38:51 PM

Since no one else has given you a solution, I'll give you a not so elegant solution.

If you have a 2nd monitor, then just use MSI Afterburner, but I suspect you do not, since you haven't mentioned it.

So, to get an on-screen-display of your temp and fps, you can use MSI afterburner and set the monitoring tab to include GPU temp and make it the on-screen-display. I also just discovered I can display FPS as well. So, MSI Afterburner will handle both, and your overclocking needs if you choose.
m
l
January 13, 2011 5:14:38 PM

yes thats right,i don't have a 2nd monitor. well,MSI afterburner,hmmm.....,i'll install it but please just clarify me about this thing that i heard that while recording these things(FPS, GPU temp etc.) during game,it can slow down the games (like FPS will drop down). if yes,then what's the solution to sort this out?
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2011 5:33:25 PM

one more thing though,as i was just reading through MSI afterburner features, it says that through this we can overclock and boost performace and all. i don't have much idea about overclocking,so i don't want to mess those default settings that i already have and all i want is to see FPS and GPU temp while playing game. so,is afterburner is ok to use?
m
l
January 13, 2011 7:01:58 PM

If you want to see FPS during game play. Download the free version of fraps. I dont know of a program that will display temp while gaming though.
m
l
a c 240 U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 9:15:52 PM

Fraps doesn't display temps, but as long as you don't mess with the clocks on MSI Afterburner, it won't change anything. It'll just show the default settings.

It's a very lightweight program that should not have noticeable loss of FPS.

You'll have to go to the settings and monitor tab, click on GPU temp, then below there is a checkbox to turn on on screen display, then go to the Frame rate and do the same thing.

The next tab allows you to make a hotkey so you can turn it on and off in game.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2011 9:37:08 PM

bystander said:
Since no one else has given you a solution, I'll give you a not so elegant solution.

If you have a 2nd monitor, then just use MSI Afterburner, but I suspect you do not, since you haven't mentioned it.

So, to get an on-screen-display of your temp and fps, you can use MSI afterburner and set the monitoring tab to include GPU temp and make it the on-screen-display. I also just discovered I can display FPS as well. So, MSI Afterburner will handle both, and your overclocking needs if you choose.

Thank you.
I reading this post and was looking for something like this.
MSI afterburner works great for FPS and Temp monitoring during game.
I just tried it on BioShock 2 high settings 1920x1080 (average ~32 fps-52c)
To the OP
afterburner works great!
m
l
January 14, 2011 5:09:46 AM

Like what other people have said. You can use MSI Afterburner. I personally use Rivatuner server. I believe the Rivatuner can even provide more info on screen.

The MSI Afterburner is more easy to use. I'm just listing an alternative.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2011 5:00:44 PM

He has an ATI card, so his best bet may be ATI Tray Tools.
m
l
February 2, 2011 5:24:28 AM

MSI Afterburner works on ATI cards. Use it. Look around. It will do what you want.
m
l