Feb 19, 2012
Guys i have the following configuration :

Core 2 duo E7200 2.53 ghz
2 GB transcend ddr2 ram
250 gb hdd
Corsair gs 600ATX power supply
MSI gtx 560 ti 2 gb graphics card
Intel dg31 pr MOBO

I have a generic cabinet with no cooler and just purchased gtx 560 ti and corsair gs 600 yesterday and assembled it in my pc.These are the temperatures recordrd by speedfan and hwmonitor when computer is IDLE.The same is even displayed in BIOS

System - 67 deg C
CPU - 42 deg C
AUXTIn - 119 deg C
Graphics card - 39 deg C

I live in India and room temperature is around 28 deg C
Are these optimal temperatures or my system is just heating up a lot.Should I buy a high end cabinet and cooler ???

Just make some space around the pc case for the fans to remove warm air. I wouldn't spend too much; if you can't lower your room temp, you'll only notice a few degrees difference. A/c is the best way to lower temps, but it's too expensive. I live in south texas with similar temps to yours. When the temps are too high, windows will let you know. If your system is stable, I wouldn't worry too much. There's only so much you can do.

The temps shouldnt ever get too high to even get a warning from Windows, ive never seen it and I live in Tucson AZ. Of course thats with AC set at 78 F during the summer. To me, the temps seem high in some places, and fine in others. Mine at 6:50 am local time are 28c CPU, 29c mainboard and 34c GPU. Not sure what its measuring at 69c and 119c. That would be dangerously high even cooked at 119c.