Blasting bases from space

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2005 1:02:20 PM

I noticed even using blaster cannons tha thave a +3000 blast agaist a
base with under 1000 people and few if any structures, that it still
takes a while, even several turns.

How is this calculated? Does popultion, or number of structures even
come into play? I even even sim'ed a few deth specs with blasters
agaist a base of 10, and it still took a beating that could have taken
out a gorby (granted one with out weapons)

More about : blasting bases space

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:03:22 PM

Use 500mm guns instead. The firing rate is faster. Blast bonus is 1000.
Most all weapons work if there is no base shield but the 500's are best.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:49:16 PM

This could be due to the latest host changes in the combat code. Have
you had a look at the duration of the fight?
!