Realtek 8111C issues, anyone else?

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
So, ever since I got this board (ga-ma790GPT-ud3h), I've been suffering frmo the same issue. Every online game that I have, from TF2 to WoW, AoC to APB, suffers from this issue. Basically, I get irregular half second "freezes" or stutters. They are completely irregular, as I can go 2hr without getting one, just to have one happen twice in 2 minutes.
I've been monitoring all activity on my PC, and nothing is spiking. No network/hdd/gpu/cpu/etc activity.

So I figured I'd see if it was HDD related, and play some really HDD intensive games - games like Just Cause 2, Crysis, and GTA 4. None of these games suffered from the issue.

So I'm pretty sure it's the NIC, but I'm wondering - has anyone else had issues with this NIC? And also, can anyone give me a recommendation for a NIC that supports Win7 64bit?

G

I wouldn't hesitate to replace a NIC -- the motherboard shouldn't cause problems with having two and a PCI NIC is generally pretty cheap. However there are a number of products claiming to be Gaming NICs and these must be worth investigating as to whether they actually offer an advantage for the (doubtless) extra money.

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
I wouldn't hesitate to replace a NIC -- the motherboard shouldn't cause problems with having two and a PCI NIC is generally pretty cheap. However there are a number of products claiming to be Gaming NICs and these must be worth investigating as to whether they actually offer an advantage for the (doubtless) extra money.

Oh I'm not worried about the extra money. The NIC's that I have seen range from $14-$30 and that is affordable to me, I just want one that I can be guaranteed will not cause performance issues.

TRENDING THREADS