Paint shop pro 8 help

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 10, 2005 1:03:02 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for any help.

I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
years and I am pretty happy with it.

However I just went to use and have found the
tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
that is the size, opacity etc.

The help was useless it merely said by default
it should pop up below the main tool bars.

Larry

More about : paint shop pro

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 9:15:22 PM

On 10 Feb 2005 10:03:02 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
lseib@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:

>Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
>
>I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
>years and I am pretty happy with it.
>
>However I just went to use and have found the
>tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
>that is the size, opacity etc.
>
>The help was useless it merely said by default
>it should pop up below the main tool bars.

View => Docking Options => Palettes
Check appropriate entry for Allow Docking of?
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 11, 2005 8:04:09 AM

On 10 Feb 2005 10:03:02 -0800, lseib@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:

>However I just went to use and have found the
>tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
>that is the size, opacity etc.

Press O
February 11, 2005 11:52:35 AM

lseib@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:

> Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
> years and I am pretty happy with it.
>
> However I just went to use and have found the
> tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
> that is the size, opacity etc.
>
> The help was useless it merely said by default
> it should pop up below the main tool bars.
>
> Larry

There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro

There are lots of folks there that can help you.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 11:57:33 AM

Don Stauffer in Minneapolis commented courteously ...

> There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
> computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro

That's a good place to go, Don, but you can't post
binaries and the place is full of trolls (people have
characterized me as one, but my opinion is different).

I'd suggest that people interested in PSP help point their
news reader to cnews.corel.com. That's the new, moderated
replacement for the old Jasc PSP User Forums.

It's a fast NNTP private server set of forums on a variety
of categories inside PSP and allows even quite large
binary attachments, which are very useful to illustrate
problems or clarify questions.

Occasionally Corel employees will dial in with help, but
Cnews is primarily a peer-to-peer help group.

You don't even need to register, as you did with Jasc.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
February 11, 2005 2:33:49 PM

lseib@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:
> Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
> years and I am pretty happy with it.
>
> However I just went to use and have found the
> tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
> that is the size, opacity etc.
>
> The help was useless it merely said by default
> it should pop up below the main tool bars.
>
> Larry

Questions about PSP are better posted at comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
corel.PaintShopPro8.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:05:33 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:57:33 -0600, All Things Mopar
<usenetMAPS123@comcast.net> wrote:

>Don Stauffer in Minneapolis commented courteously ...
>
>> There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
>> computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro
>
>That's a good place to go, Don, but you can't post
>binaries and the place is full of trolls (people have
>characterized me as one, but my opinion is different).

You can't post binaries here, either.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Marvin wrote:
> lseib@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:
> > Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
> > years and I am pretty happy with it.
> >
> > However I just went to use and have found the
> > tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
> > that is the size, opacity etc.
> >
> > The help was useless it merely said by default
> > it should pop up below the main tool bars.
> >
> > Larry
> >
> Questions about PSP are better posted at
> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you
> want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
> corel.PaintShopPro8.

Thank you to those who answered my question and to
those who suggested better forums for help with PSP.
I will simply say that I posted my question here
because I searched the news groups for PSP and
it led me here. Thanks again, I am sure I will need
more help in the future and I will try the suggested
groups.

Larry
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:54:22 AM

>> Questions about PSP are better posted at
>> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you
>> want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
>> corel.PaintShopPro8.

Hi, Larry,

Can't post binaries to c.g.a.p.s.p. and it is filled with
trolls, although there are some helpful people and Kris
Zaklika from Corel occasionally posts help there.

I didn't know about corel.paintshoppro8, but I hang out on
cnews.corel.com which is a private NNTP news group,
similar to the old Jasc PSP 8 User Forums (which were also
web and NNTP private server NGs)

> Thank you to those who answered my question and to
> those who suggested better forums for help with PSP.

I will extend/re-extend my offer to help anyone, such as
yourself, with PSP 8 or 9 off-line. Feel free to E-mail me
at usenet123@comcast.net. Attached picture(s) if you like.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the PSP box but I can hold my
own, I think.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
!