Hello,
Hi, i built a new amd pc with these componets,
Processor 2.8Ghz-3.3Ghz phenom II x 6 core 1055T,
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H REV. 1.0 BIOS F5
Memory RAM DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 1.5v

HARDDRIVE-WD 1TB

OPTICAL DRIVE LITE-ON BLU-RAY PLAYER

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

I have pc built and recieved a single beep now not sure what to look for in bios i noticed it said my memory was 1333 i installed 1600
cpu i have no idea i think it showed 3300Mhz cpu clock ratio
2000Mhz cpu NorthBridge Freq
CPU Frequency(Mhz) 200

i installed my harddrive in sata II_0 on my mobo in bios it recognized as IDE Channel 2 Master (wd )
My optical drive is in sata II_1 on my mobo and in bios it says IDE Channel 3 master [ATAPI iHES208 2]
I dont know if any of this is correct or what else to look for in bios or should i leave everything as it is until i install windows 7 them come back and chage things then? I have read manual and some of the bios guide just not ready to trust myself on this just yet so help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : bios

a b à CPUs
March 17, 2011 11:24:45 PM

Your CPU controls the RAM and will default to 1333 unless you change it in the BIOS, and yes that can wait if you need to do it at all.

You should find most everything you need here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274745-31-step-step-g...

For some links explaining the BIOS:

Ultimate BIOS Guide: Every Setting Decrypted and Explained! -Maximum PC
This is a printable version.
Understanding All Voltage Configurations from the Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
Techarp Free BIOS Guide There is also a paid version that is very detailed but not so useful to the casual debugger/builder
How To Perform a BIOS Upgrade @ hardware Secrets
m
l
March 18, 2011 2:54:17 AM

:hello:  ok thanks i'll try your suggestions, im going to start reading now thank you again.
MarsMan1s said:
Hello,
Hi, i built a new a pc with these componets,
Processor 2.8Ghz-3.3Ghz phenom II x 6 core 1055T,
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H REV. 1.0 BIOS F5
Memory RAM DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 1.5v

HARDDRIVE-WD 1TB

OPTICAL DRIVE LITE-ON BLU-RAY PLAYER

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

I have pc built and recieved a single beep now not sure what to look for in bios i noticed it said my memory was 1333 i installed 1600
cpu i have no idea i think it showed 3300Mhz cpu clock ratio
2000Mhz cpu NorthBridge Freq
CPU Frequency(Mhz) 200

i installed my harddrive in sata II_0 on my mobo in bios it recognized as IDE Channel 2 Master (wd )
My optical drive is in sata II_1 on my mobo and in bios it says IDE Channel 3 master [ATAPI iHES208 2]
I dont know if any of this is correct or what else to look for in bios or should i leave everything as it is until i install windows 7 them come back and chage things then? I have read manual and some of the bios guide just not ready to trust myself on this just yet so help would be greatly appreciated.

m
l
March 18, 2011 3:24:15 AM

:bounce:  I am not going to be OC my processor is not a black edition, i think my mobo has the ability to extract what it needs from processor when there is a demand for it.
m
l
!