Closed Solved

Blue Screen during BBC2

hey guys.
i think this is graphics related, but i'm not 100% sure, but basically i keep getting a BS when i'm playing battlefield bad company 2. This is the only game it happens on, and it'll happen after a couple hours of play time, and it'll start right back up after this happens, and then a couple more hours and it'll happen again. i'm not 100% sure how to check what the problem is, but i think it's the graphics card.

I've got a 6870, and i recently downloaded the AMD Catalyst 10.12, so i'm wondering if that has something to do with it?

If someone else has had this problem and has found a solution, i would appreciate that.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about blue screen bbc2
  1. Best answer
    Revert to 10.8 drivers, alot of users are having the same issue.

Un-install old drivers, restart, install new drivers, restart if prompted, and try again!
  2. reverted back to 10.8, was gone for the weekend so i didn't get much chance to play, but i did play for a couple hours last night and the issue didn't occur, i will update again if the problem occurs again.

thanks
  3. A LOT of people seem to have issues with BC2 and ATI. I was using 10.4 for AGES before having problems, same with 10.12. I know 10 people in my clan ALONE with BSOD's in BC2 with ATI. I'll advise them to try 10.8 drivers...

Brought a new rig due to other issues, but with a NVIDIA card this time.
  4. If it makes you feel better, the nVidia BETA driver 265.35 has issues with BFBC2 as well. Although the 260.99 (latest WHQL release) has no problems at all.

nVidia did just release a new driver today that I haven't tried yet. 266.85
  5. Well, all in all, seems like your issue has been resolved! Glad to hear all is well.
  6. I was playing last night and it happened again. Reverting back to 10.8 seemed to lessen the frequency of the problem but didn't fix it. Guess i should just wait for 10.13 to come out and hope it is better then

but i am glad to know it isn't just me with this problem.
  7. Best answer selected by roberts_zak.
  8. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Blue Screen Graphics