Increasing sound output on a laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2005 5:27:53 PM

Dear All,

I have a newish laptop, but the sound output from it is very weak (i.e. not
very loud). The only place to plug in speakers is the headphone output.

Is there anything that can help me increase the output from the laptop -
I've had a good route around and all sound volumes are at maximum.

Many thanks

Colin
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2005 5:45:00 PM

"C Gillespie" <csgcsg39@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 3gesa$60v$1@ucsnew1.ncl.ac.uk...
> Dear All,
>
> I have a newish laptop, but the sound output from it is very weak (i.e.
not
> very loud). The only place to plug in speakers is the headphone output.
>
> Is there anything that can help me increase the output from the laptop -
> I've had a good route around and all sound volumes are at maximum.

If you want more volume from external speakers or headphones then Creative
Soundblaster Audigy 2 NZ is what you seek. It is a Cardbus sound card.
Features 7.1 output as well, including Dolby Digital and DTS decoders.

If you seek more output from the internal speakers, then chances are they
would distort if you succeeded.

Ian.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop